Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hate these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    We would be awash in dead things without bugs to break them down. Then we'd all catch nasty stuff from the dead things and die ourselves.

And then we'd have the zombie apocalypse. Or something.

hmmmm...what watch?

Just kidding.

Jeannie
    For the Zombie apocalypse? G Shock of course! Don't want to subject an auto to all that shock as you fire off shot after shot (head shots, that's the only way to stop 'em!).

These Tent Moth Caterpillars are interesting- too bad they don't turn into gorgeous butterflies instead of plain ugly Tent Moths!
    Last edited by T Bone; Jun 4, 2015 at 03:32 PM.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Do they get inside your house? Bugs outside are one thing, inside is unacceptable!

3. Likes hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Do they get inside your house? Bugs outside are one thing, inside is unacceptable!
    No, but in severe outbreaks the outside of one's house...crawls.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    We would be awash in dead things without bugs to break them down. Then we'd all catch nasty stuff from the dead things and die ourselves.

And then we'd have the zombie apocalypse. Or something.

hmmmm...what watch?

Just kidding.

Jeannie
    Okay, we can leave a few kinds. But wasps and hornets have to go. They do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Bugs outside are one thing, inside is unacceptable!
    I long ago accepted my house has ants, spiders, roaches, and mice and/or rats. Every house in the world, with the possible exception of North and South Pole outposts, have them and to deny this is to lie to oneself. It truly doesn't bother me until I see them or their evidence. I prefer my bugs on the outside of the house but they can stay and do their thing as long as they I don't see them. When inside the house, a seen bug is a dead bug. Out of sight, out of mind. Live and let live.

My relationship with bugs is thus: Live and leave alone- I let them live, they leave me alone.

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    I long ago accepted my house has ants, spiders, roaches, and mice and/or rats. Every house in the world, with the possible exception of North and South Pole outposts, have them and to deny this is to lie to oneself. It truly doesn't bother me until I see them or their evidence. I prefer my bugs on the outside of the house but they can stay and do their thing as long as they I don't see them. When inside the house, a seen bug is a dead bug. Out of sight, out of mind. Live and let live.

My relationship with bugs is thus: Live and leave alone- I let them live, they leave me alone.

-hayday
    Thus

errmmmm I mean this

You're pictures do them too much justice: show off what the nests look like. Creepy.

The silver lining is that your local birds are plump, happy, and singing lovely tunes I'm sure.
    Last edited by CanadianStraps; Jun 4, 2015 at 07:55 PM.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStraps View Post
    You're pictures do them too much justice: show off what the nests look like. Creepy.

The silver lining is that your local birds are plump, happy, and singing lovely tunes I'm sure.

The haven't quite gotten that far yet.

I also didn't mention that in bad years there are so many that you can hear them crapping.

You must not hate them that much, Henry. You got close enough to take brilliant pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Imitation of Life View Post
    You must not hate them that much, Henry. You got close enough to take brilliant pictures.
    Thanks for the compliment IoL. In my world those two things aren't mutually exclusive though.

12. Likes Imitation of Life liked this post