Likes Likes:  1

Thread: One less on the to-buy-list ^_^ - SNKE61

One less on the to-buy-list ^_^ - SNKE61

Hi guys,
    I think everyone here knows the following scenario - there's this one (or many) watch that's on the wish-list "forever" and when you finally get around to buying it you wonder why you didn't do so earlier.
    Here's one of those and I took some pics of the unwrapping process:

It arrived safely packed from Singapore - btw: always great service from sellers from Singapore so far .

And one on the wrist - I changed the bracelet to a cheapo Nylon strap which I will later replace with a two-piece Nato-strap.

But finally - here's one of the main reasons I bought this model:

The lume is just awesome! But there's some more reasons why I got this one - I really like the dial of my SRP145 but I hate the (nearly) useless compass bezel. And I wanted something that combines good lume with a smaller size - like the perfect "bedtime-watch" . And that indeed it is - small enough to be very comfy on the wrist and lume like a dive watch - funny enough - the dial is the same size anyway than on many of the larger Seikos - only the case is smaller.
    I thought about getting a SRP515 because of the hacking and hand-winding feature but when I found out about the missing lume on the numerals (only the hour markers and hands are lumed) it was out of the race.
    The SNKE61 is powered by the good old workhorse 7S26 - which so far runs at around +4sec/24hrs on the wrist - really great for such a cheap movement. On the pics the dial looks almost black - but it's a dark navy blue - same color as the SNK807. I was fooled by the online pics and expected the dial to be black but blue is just as nice - maybe even better for a summer watch. Next I need to order a good two-piece navy blue Nato because the cheapo Nylon strap will certainly scratch the back over time. The lugs are 20mm btw - not the 18 of the SNK80X series.
    So far I really love that model and I'm pretty sure it's gonna stay.
    Cheers, Sedi

2. Likes Domo liked this post
    I've recommended that 5 quite a few times on WUS, one of my favourites. It doesn't say "SPORTS" on it and I thought it had a really attractive handset. I do prefer the bracelet though, but congratulations either way! One Seiko down, xx to go!

Yes, the hands are nice - same ones as on the SNK80X models. I have the SNK809 on a bracelet and it's not bad actually - the main problem with the bracelet is that I wanted to wear the watch right away without having the bracelet resized first - I think I finally have to buy some tools for that. For the summer I do prefer nylon straps however - reduces sweatiness .
    Cheers, Sedi

Very nice! A neat, well sized everyday watch with a great Explorer vibe.

Took a new pic with a different strap:

Can someone tell me size of the case? Thanks.

Very nice watch BTW