Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vostok dial compatibility

Vostok dial compatibility

Do all Vostok dials swap between movements? Could I put a dateless Amphibian dial on a Komandiriskie mosvement with date?

Also are all hands swappable?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 93EXCivic; Dec 25, 2019 at 09:34 PM.
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

Hi there!
    The others may have more info on this, as Vostok modding is a rabbit hole I’ve never fallen down
    There is a big community of Vostok modders on WUS f10 (Russian) forum - it might be worth putting the questions over there, or taking in their extensive Vostok modding threads - all sorts of cool things seem to be possible
    Good luck!
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

well yeah kath might have a point to look at wus as their will be more threads on it . I did a couple of thread here or it was brought up on a couple maybe remember talking to djw about them the answer is yes no maybe it depends what you trying to do. as their seems to be a size difference on some things vaguely remember trying to fit a new dial to old movement or could have been the other way round maybe but the dial would not fit the case. mean on the no dates it's easy to dial spot if needed but yeah as I say some do some don't .

plus the movements change between some of the vostock think theirs two or three types used (more if modern maybe ) not sure if that includes the autos.

I did once have an new auto that I sold but it was broken in transit so I pulled the flywheel and parts for the auto off another modern one and sent that to them to fit and still working now as far as I know ..so like for like yes and type to type yes then past this point it's hit and miss if your lucky yes if not no
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

I found the answer. They swap back and forth.

5. Likes OhDark30, Strela167, DJW GB liked this post
    Cool - look forward to seeing the results :-)
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    I found the answer. They swap back and forth.

don't think it's as simple as that as my post above says some do but not all depends what you are doing ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    don't think it's as simple as that as my post above says some do but not all depends what you are doing ?
    From what i saw on WUS, all the modern Dirskie and Amphibian movements should allow for the dial and hand interchange. I do wonder if the dials would fit in some of the new cases like the Neptune would work. But for what I am wanting to do it should work fine.

yeah seems fibbies do mods galore on them think the problem is modern to old more but did think thou with some case that vosie and fibbies was not interchangeable but been good while so might be off on some of the factors did think their was a dial size difference on the two but then again could be old to new so interest to look in to at some point as got a load of old vossie dials and hands somewhere, ant done any vossie mods in years last was a brass mod I think
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

afaik the new stuff share all the same. not sure about stems

Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    afaik the new stuff share all the same. not sure about stems
    how many versions of the vostok movement are there as you got the autos then the hand winders just remember trying to fit a movement / dial into a case and it did not want to know am sure the new dials are a different sizes to the old ones bigger I think ? .

but could be wrong just know i had issues trying to do a swap out or something but just ant got the energy or inclination to go looking through all my Russian threads I do know the barrels are two different sizes I know that for sure as do remember a thread on swapping out a broke mainspring and the one I picked from an old vostok did not fit .
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy