Many people who I respect in this industry have opined that 2019 hasn't been a particularly exciting or fruitful year for watch releases … and I couldn't disagree more. This, the final year of the decade, has given birth to an absolute plethora of new and innovative timepieces that have captured the imagination of many a horological enthusiast. And while I could wax lyrical for hours about said cornucopia of new releases, I've had to whittle down all of them and pick my five favourites. Here they are (in no particular order): DOXA SUB 200 130th Anniversary One of the biggest shocks of 2019, DOXA's sublime GPHG-nominated SUB 200 caused quite the stir when it was unveiled at Baselworld, and it's very easy to understand why. Here is a fit-for-purpose dive watch that looks great, offers a shedload of heritage, genuine water-resistant credentials and is powered by one of the most bulletproof movements in the game – the ETA 2824/2. This particular example, the limited edition 130th Anniversary, caught my eye immediately. Everything about it was just inherently right, and I adored the playful splashes of DOXA's signature orange on the second hand and "130 Years" text emblazoned on the…

The post James' top 5 favourite wristwatches of 2019 appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...