Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rado Captain Cook 1962 reissue. 37mm or 40mm?

Quote Originally Posted by WWII70 View Post
    Thanks for this. Very helpful.

How do you find the size of the LE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Glad it helped.

I love the 37mm because;

1) it reminds me of my vintage Rados both in size and how it wears.

2) I’ve got pretty skinny wrists (just over 6.5 inches). I happily wear larger watches, up to 44mm, but 37mm is a pleasure on the wrist.

Visually, it is very small though, because the dark bezel makes it look smaller than my 35mm Stowa Antea KS which is all dial. If like me you usually wear larger watches, or perhaps have larger wrists it will look quite petite.

I haven’t been able to find a 42mm in a shop to compare, but if I do, I will take a comparison shot.

I concur with the suggestion to try both on, if at all possible.
    I'd Schwarzkopf it daily, except I couldn't be bothered with the inevitable explanations...

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    The 42 which is actually measured apparently at the edge of the bezel since the case is 38mm. Even Joma lists it at 42:

https://www.jomashop.com/rado-captai...hoCkBMQAvD_BwE

My wallet and brain chose this one. It is spectacular in green.

Attachment 92926Attachment 92927
    Just gorgeous!
    I'd Schwarzkopf it daily, except I couldn't be bothered with the inevitable explanations...

3. Likes Samanator liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    I'm no Rado expert but I believe there is 37, 42, and 45. I think your best bet is to try them on and see what works best for you. I personally would go for the 42mm
    Agree with this logic regarding the 42. I took out my calipers to measure mine, and the coin edge of the bezel is where it is 42mm. The actual case is 38mm wide.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

5. Likes Cybotron liked this post
    Agree with this logic regarding the 42. I took out my calipers to measure mine, and the coin edge of the bezel is where it is 42mm. The actual case is 38mm wide.
    I think that discrepancy would bother me. It's quite a bit of overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I think that discrepancy would bother me. It's quite a bit of overlap.
    It defiantly makes the bezel easy to grip. With the curving on the bottom and top edge it does not look like 2mm on each side. Looking at the picture on the strap it also covers the gap between the case and the strap edge.
    Last edited by Samanator; Dec 30, 2019 at 02:10 AM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

The 42 which is actually measured apparently at the edge of the bezel since the case is 38mm. Even Joma lists it at 42:

https://www.jomashop.com/rado-captai...hoCkBMQAvD_BwE

My wallet and brain chose this one. It is spectacular in green.

Attachment 92926Attachment 92927

That is quite stunning, and I'm not one who likes green watches. I would definitely wear that.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.