Likes Likes:  53
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My new arrival

My new arrival

I received my new to me Omega Speedmaster Professional yesterday (I was rather annoyed because the mail man left it sitting on my front porch, but that's another story). It is a reference 3590.50 with a serial number that dates it to 1985/86.
    I wanted a 3590 because it was the last version of the Speedy to use tritium and I just love the way the dial on these ages.
    I purchased from one of the big Japanese Omega sellers on eBay. I paid for the watch on 5/29 and it arrived on 6/4, 10 days quicker than the quoted delivery estimate. This thing must have cleared customs at a record pace.
    I really love it. I've wanted a Speedy for a while and am feeling pretty content at this point. Im selling a few of my other pieces to offset the costs and don't envision purchasing anything else for the next year or so.
    Anyway, I'll stop rambling at this point. Here are a couple of photos I just snapped with my iPhone 6.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433483232.429665.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  47.8 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433483245.834855.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  44.3 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433483258.207787.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  38.3 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    www.thewatchquest.com
    Instagram: @ryanwearswatches

Love it.

Fantastic. Lovely. The Speedmaster is my grail.

In 1990, I stopped in the top jewelry store where I live. I needed a new everyday watch. Had a 1970's Omega dress watch for work that my Dad had bought off a co-worker for my for college graduation.

Bought the Tag Heuer Formula 1 for $160 (what?, a _quartz_ watch for $160, are you crazy?, my father exclaimed when I showed it to him!)

During the same visit to the jewelry store, I fell in love with the Omega Speedmaster Moon Watch. But at $ 1,250, I thought well, maybe one day I could get it.........

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by scott59; Jun 5, 2015 at 07:42 AM.

4. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Looks great, Ryan!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

6. Likes Ryanpatrick liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by scott59 View Post
    Fantastic. The Speedmaster is my grail.

In 1990, I stopped in the top jewelry store where I live. I needed a new everyday watch. Had a 1970's Omega dress watch for work that my Dad had bought off a co-worker for my for college graduation.

Bought the Tag Heuer Formula 1 for $160 (what?, a _quartz_ watch for $160, are you crazy, my father exclaimed when I showed it to him!)

During the same visit to the jewelry store, I fell in love with the Omega Speedmaster Moon Watch. But at $ 1,250, I thought well, maybe one day I could get it.........
    Proof for the missus that you need to buy it right now.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

8. Likes scott59, Ryanpatrick, Donf liked this post
    The mussus said they're not $1,250 anymore!

Eventually, I'll get a Speedmaster........

[Re- OP, is that a Univ. or Alabama thingy? All I can say, is Go Gators! (U of Florida) ( for the many UK members, it's just a silly U.S. college football rivalry thing)]
    Last edited by scott59; Jun 5, 2015 at 08:22 AM.

Congrats!! This is one of the very few forum favorites that I really like, and am contemplating adding. Enjoy this beauty.

11. Likes scott59 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by scott59 View Post
    The mussus said they're not $1,250 anymore!

Eventually, I'll get a Speedmaster........

[Re- OP, is that a Univ. or Alabama thingy? All I can say, is Go Gators! (U of Florida) ( for the many UK members, it's just a silly U.S. college football rivalry thing)]
    Heck no it's not the university of Alabama, but if you went to Florida I'm sure you knew that and you're trying to ruffle my feathers. It's Auburn University. No couldn't go to Alabama, I have all my teeth and am not married to my cousin. WAR DAMN EAGLE!

www.thewatchquest.com

13. Likes scott59 liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Ryanpatrick;124758]WAR DAMN EAGLE!
    /QUOTE]

15. Likes theague liked this post
    I love that pic. Even as an Auburn alum I've always found it funny. How anyone could be afraid of Uga is beyond me.

www.thewatchquest.com

17. Likes OTGabe, scott59 liked this post