Likes Likes:  82
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brands you would never buy from

Yeah I feel that.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Too many to list, mostly because I can't afford them.

3. Likes iyonk liked this post

Brands you would never buy from

Invicta,I went to their booth in a trade show back in 2005,was wearing my Rolex 16570...the sales rep started trash talking my watch...not a good way to make a sale...

Artya because it's too crazy,and RJ due to Titanic (what next? Holocaust edition? I'm not making fun of holocaust but the whole cashing in on a tragedy is unethical)

Hublot,I liked their old MDM line,but their current line is bleh...

Urwerk,their price and design doesn't interest me

Those are the brand that I can think of at the moment...I have nothing against any of the trinity,ALS,Rolex,Tudor,Omega etc

One more thing...being a Panerai person,I don't like the watch with odd lugs in which you have to buy OEM strap only (lookin' at you AP)

Besides the purveyors of high SRP/On Sale price, universilly dislike brands, I would have issues with Bulova (childhood prejudice), Panerai ( the Official Watch of the Italian Navy thing) Bell and Ross (ugly) Tag (my BIL owns TAG, nuff said), Graham (Yes, I care what people think about me)

Offhand I can't think of a brand I would never buy from. If they made a watch that looked right, was priced right, and had the level of quality I'm after I'd consider it unless they had some shady business dealings.

Never again Invicter

Sent from my Galaxy S6 edge using Tapatalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

8. Likes Danny_T liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by synequano View Post
    ,I don't like the watch with odd lugs in which you have to buy OEM strap only (lookin' at you AP)
    No Oris , for the same lug reason on some of their watches

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    No Oris , for the same lug reason on some of their watches
    This is one that really bugs me. I'd probably save up and own a couple Oris if it weren't for the lug situation. I really want that dual-crown diver they have but some genius decided to make an integrated bracelet.

11. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    No Oris, for the same lug reason on some of their watches
    This is crazy talk. I could understand such a sweeping statement about organic toothpaste, but all of Oris?

For the record I would never buy any brand of organic toothpaste - on principal alone.

13. Likes hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ljb187 View Post
    This is crazy talk. I could understand such a sweeping statement about organic toothpaste, but all of Oris?

For the record I would never buy any brand of organic toothpaste - on principal alone.
    Crazy? I don't think so - first, it limits your strap options and nearly eliminates your bracelet options. It is conceivable that you would be forced to buy bracelets.straps only from the manufacturer and be at their mercy, both price and style wise. While I would not go so far as to elimnate all of Oris from my list I can understand someone have stronger emotions than I on this issue.

Organic toothpaste is anothermatter - many (most?) organic toothpastes cater to the unshaven, Birkenstock wearing, conspiracy theorists who beleive that flouride is a goverment plot to undermine our health and so they don't have flouride in them. Seems kinda silly to me to pay extra for something that leaves out an important (arguably the most) ingrediant.