Likes Likes:  383
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your most worn watch in 2019 !

Your most worn watch in 2019 !

Hey,

I like to know what was your most worn watches in 2019 !

Here is my top 5 list.

1. DAMASKO DA46SA Black

By far my most worn watch in 2019.

2. SINN UX S GSG9 SA

3. DAMASKO DC66

4. DAMASKO DC80 / DAMASKODA47 / SINN U1 FT

5. Breitling Avenger IISeawolf / DOXA 1200T Pro

Regards Phil
    Moderator German Watches & Dive Watches

well wore some a lot then flipped so hmmm most worn that I still got

first theirs two but counting them as same one as same model ...

ga-100

these are in no order by the way so next of my top five

skywatch's dad's old casiotron 1983 model ...

a casio gwm-5610 I modded

then a seiko ssc started to get a look in once the new rechargeable battery was bought and fitted ...

and final of the top five

this 1970's seiko lord quartz I fixed

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Blog Entries
    There are probably 6 or 7 watches that have gotten about equal wrist time. I try to cycle through the hoard somewhat fairly. There's one that I acquired in Autumn and had to wait for servicing before it glommed onto my wrist for weeks, so I would have to make an exception for that....

Citizen BM6400 - my touring watch, so it gets a week or two in a row when I'm traveling for work. Probably a month or so of wrist time last year.

Tudor Black Bay Red ETA - voted most likely to jump the queue and hog my wrist out of rotation

1973 GS "hi beat" - acquired in December 2018, and continues to astonish me with the precision of the dial. I actually crave wearing it.

Nomos Ludwig - purchased used in 2011, for years it was my top watch. I still love it - the clarity of lines, the intelligent design language, the beautiful movement. I sometimes wish it didn't have a date, and that it was 38mm instead of 40mm, but it's still in my upper tier.

And last of all, 1978 Rolex Air King (if I am to force the list to five only) the late September acquisition at an auction, followed by three weeks at the watch doctor's getting a full service. If I had this all year, it would easily be near the top of the list. It probably had 20 days of wrist time since late October.

Last edited by skywatch; Jan 2, 2020 at 10:04 PM.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Good idea for a thread. Unfortunately, I'm afraid my 'rotation' is so chaotic, I've no idea witch watch I worn the most...

Edit: Wait a minute I remember, now: it was the Rolex Explorer II (16570)

Name:  Rolex_ExplorerII96.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  340.6 KB

Name:  Rolex_ExplorerII97.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  374.5 KB

Name:  Rolex_ExplorerII86c.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  380.2 KB
    Last edited by CFR; Jan 2, 2020 at 10:52 PM.

I wear this to bed every night

Name:  Ironman.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  45.1 KB
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Blog Entries
    Well, my top 5 watches would be my entire collection, so I'll just keep it to one and one runner up. Even without keeping track, it's clear which watch I've worn most this past year, and it's been the case since I got it.

(Much like my Monaco on the gear lever, this is one of my favorite photos I've ever taken)

For the first time, though, I think my runner up, and it was close, isn't the Speedmaster. It's its seafaring cousin, the Seamaster 300. Thanks to a lengthy vacation where it was the only watch I wore and some sports-related superstitions, the SM300 and its gorgeous retro design has shot up to second place for wrist time. My Speedmaster would be third.
    Last edited by Raza; Jan 2, 2020 at 10:48 PM.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

The GMT Master was the most worn watch of 2019 as it's my go-to travel watch and I travel a lot for work.

The Ressence is probably second...I wore it a lot when I wasn't traveling

Beyond these two...no clue

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    There are probably 6 or 7 watches that have gotten about equal wrist time. I try to cycle through the hoard somewhat fairly. There's one that I acquired in Autumn and had to wait for servicing before it glommed onto my wrist for weeks, so I would have to make an exception for that....

Tudor Black Bay Red ETA - voted most likely to jump the queue and hog my wrist out of rotation

And last of all, 1978 Rolex Air King (if I am to force the list to five only) the late September acquisition at an auction, followed by three weeks at the watch doctor's getting a full service. If I had this all year, it would easily be near the top of the list. It probably had 20 days of wrist time since late October.

My love for the Black Bay is well documented, but my god that Air King is gorgeous.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

9. Likes skywatch, iyonk liked this post
    Well, as usual, the G-Shock would be number one since it gets worn once a week during golf season.

Name:  18C33207-54B3-406B-9122-7F55D2459459.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  45.4 KB

Second place would be my favorite domestic travel watch:

Name:  1486AE34-E80F-46D0-964A-8B5565E280EA.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  66.8 KB

Third place probably would be the Railmaster:

Name:  2B3912BA-CF56-4075-ADFD-F8713AEA81C1.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  65.5 KB

After that, it gets tougher to figure out, although fourth might well be the one I tend to grab for fancy (or semi-fancy) outings:

Name:  E22BC0BB-6E35-446D-8E79-943BACFF96F9.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  58.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    My love for the Black Bay is well documented, but my god that Air King is gorgeous.
    Thank you, Raza! At 34mm it's probably too small for most people these days, but I don't mind the size. I like that it was one of the simplest, most affordable watches they ever made.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

12. Likes JAGtime, iyonk, Raza liked this post