Likes Likes:  34
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nomos Ahoi arrived today

Talking Nomos Ahoi arrived today

I've been thinking about picking up a fun white dialed watch for summer. I wanted a minimalist design and something that would look great on colorful nato straps. Initially the Junghans Meister Chronoscope and the Max Bill three hander caught my eye. The Stowa Antea back to bauhaus was interesting but it didn't have any color. I've always had some interest in Nomos but had not seen a model that quite did it for me. Then I came across the new Nomos Metro. I loved the tubular lugs and the hand wound movement is gorgeous but I thought the date was a bit of a buzz kill. I revisited the rest of the Nomos line and came across the Ahoi. I love the Bauhaus dial the splash of color on the red second hand and the touch of light blue on the hour and minute hands. It's also water resistant to 20 ATM rather than the usual 5 ATM and it has a touch of lume. Both are a huge plus for a fun summer watch. The downside...the price at over $4k usd.

I was browsing eBay and came across a decent price from a seller in Germany. I did some homework on the seller and got a little push from Geoffbot and I ended up making a purchase. The watch arrived today and spent about three minutes on the OEM perlon before I tried out some Omega mesh and a few Nato's.

In the few hours I've spent with the Ahoi I'm impressed. It comes in around 10 or 11mm thick and on black leather strap I think it would make a solid dress watch which I don't currently own. On a nato it makes a perfect summer watch that can even handle a dip in the pool. I'll report back after spending some more time with the watch and buying more natos.

Congrats! It looks great on the blue and white Nato - adds a bit of colour to the minimalise white look. Mesh seems too austere.
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

Very nice
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

4. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Looks great - glad you like it, Matt! Remember to screw that crown back in before you go swimming though
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by WWII70 View Post
    Congrats! It looks great on the blue and white Nato - adds a bit of colour to the minimalise white look. Mesh seems too austere.
    I agree. I've never seen mesh on a Nomos so I thought I'd do it and get a pick.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Looks great - glad you like it, Matt! Remember to screw that crown back in before you go swimming though
    Good tip! The Garmin is for swimming laps but with my four year old you never know!

Congratulations! It looks surprisingly good on that mesh. The nato works well, too. I really like that watch but is have a tough time choosing between the white and blue dials. Both look great!

Yep - the Blue And White - keeps that nautical theme going.

Congrats! A very nice pickup indeed. Have fun with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good god that's gorgeous. I want to get a Nomos one of these days. Toss up between this and the weltziet. I also like the Orion weiss. Maybe I need all three
    Last edited by gnuyork; Jun 5, 2015 at 10:33 PM.

12. Likes Perseus liked this post