Likes Likes:  129
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me find an Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    Yes my timing really sux'ed. I bought it and a year later the new movement and, what is it, solid end links? came out. Fortunately, I found someone who wanted an Explorer and did not know that a new movement was out.
    like most things love vintage over new

never really looked in to rolex to start with due to price image being force feed rolex is all etc etc .. but some of the early stuff now looking..feel right and the more classical none ss looked to them and some are really affordable too
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I’ve just picked up a pleasingly underpriced 9f Grand Seiko from these chaps and they’ve impressed so far - the watch is en route, but I note a bundle of well priced explorers.

https://timepeaks.com/search/?q=Role...er&sbox=header

However, I assume you have read the Walt Odets review which arguably led to a movement upgrade. As such, I’d be very careful in my selection of period.
    is that the one with the yellow gmt hand and lower half of the 24hr ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

SBGX 095 - I've always had a thing about darker indices and hands - usually that means blue. I've got pretty well every other HAQ movement apart from the new Citizen and a 9f is phenomenally overdue.

But I was just pointing out a source of cheap warranted Explorers from a reliable source.

You've gone some 18,000 days without one bud... If it's on it's on. If not, not. Put in some effort by some means but don't lower yourself and turn yourself inside out over the ridiculous salesmanship of a certain watch company.

5. Likes hayday, OhDark30 liked this post
    Stopped by a local AD today. They had a pre-owned Batman for $15,000 and said they'd keep an eye out for the Explorer. I may have better luck in Boston, though. I wasn't asked about a deposit but I was going to put money down if a deposit had been asked for.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

7. Likes ck1109 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    Stopped by a local AD today. They had a pre-owned Batman for $15,000 and said they'd keep an eye out for the Explorer. I may have better luck in Boston, though. I wasn't asked about a deposit but I was going to put money down if a deposit had been asked for.
    I don’t know if Sidney Thomas in Delaware does remote sales, but I bought my Black Bay and Submariner from them, and plan to get a BB GMT from them as well when I’m ready. They’re very easy to deal with, I highly recommend them.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

9. Likes hayday liked this post
    I just seen on the other forums someone was told a 2 year wait for an Explorer. That can't be accurate.
    Cheers,

Richard

Blog Entries
    Well, I've got a phone, so I called Govberg. They said they don't have any new Explorers, they don't do lists, and that they were allocated out "for the foreseeable future", however long that is. So maybe not an option at this time.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    I just seen on the other forums someone was told a 2 year wait for an Explorer. That can't be accurate.

It could be accurate for that person visiting that dealer in that town.

It could be two or three months somewhere else, or, if you strike lucky, no wait at all.

13. Likes Samanator liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    That sounds about right. I think the bubble if there really is one has 3-5 years to go. I'm not convince it is a bubble. I just think it is the way things are. The harder it is to get something the more people want it.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

15. Likes CFR liked this post