Here’s a quick look at Gruppo Gamma’s lovely vintage diver, the Divemaster. The watch is a departure from their typical Italian Naval watches and instead draws inspiration from the 50s.

The 1950s was one of the most exciting periods in dive watch history - Blancpain introduced the Fifty Fathoms, Zodiac introduced the Sea Wolf and Rolex introduced the Submariner.

First released in 2016 and now in its second generation, the Divemaster draws inspiration from these legendary watches in much the same way that different watch designs in the past influenced one another.

Shown here the Divemaster prototype is with a black dial and black textile strap; however I Gruppo Gamma offer several additional hand, dial and bezel options.

In particular the blue dial / bezel variant with Old Radium style lume on a tanned leather is pretty damn hot. You can check them all out on GG’s website.

Basic spec. includes: a Swiss mechanical movement from ETA, a surgical-grade Stainless steel case, Sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel.

Water-resistance is 500 meters. Further diver’s features include a Helium Escape Valve. Follow the link embedded in the Gruppo Gamm logo below for a full list of specifications and pricing.

Thoughts? This a good looking classically styled diver that should appeal to fans of the vintage Fifty Fathoms and the like.

Personally I think it looks best in blue. If I could change one thing it would be the red seconds which I would prefer in silver as the hour and min. hands.

©OceanicTime

More...