First of all, I think it is wonderful news for Audemars Piguet to have had such a strong run at GPHG and Only Watch, but to be completely honest, I expected it. The RD2 winning the Aiguille D'or was no surprise to me as it is hands down one of my favourite watches in my collection, getting plenty of wrist time throughout the week (it makes the other watches jealous). The fact that the Audemars Piguet CODE 11.59 won such a crucial category in GPHG and then fetched 1,000,000 CHF (I believe that it was one of the most expensive Audemars Piguet ever sold) during the Only Watch auction that same week speaks for itself and the future of the line. I will admit that I had my reservations about the collection at first glance, especially on the time only and chronograph dials. However, over time, I've learnt to appreciate the details of the watches and the sheer craftsmanship that goes into making them. I don't think I can name another watch having reached that level of brand equity (or any mainstream watch brands), with a more complicated and beautifully finished case (sans engraving) for the same price (bearing in…

The post AP expert warns against writing off the Audemars Piguet CODE 11.59 appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...