Likes Likes:  123
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The anti-Credor :-)

Sure blame me. LOL

For moment there I thought you got the platinum blue dial. My jaw dropped.

I'm usually a simple watch guy but for a watch that is very busy I think it's well-done. Congrats! Definitely a nice pickup for your stellar collection.
    Last edited by Cybotron; Jan 16, 2020 at 01:13 AM.
    Cheers,

Richard

2. Likes mlcor, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    Sure blame me. LOL

For moment there I thought you got the platinum blue dial. My draw dropped.

I'm usually a simple watch guy but for a watch that is very busy I think it's well-done. Congrats! Definitely a nice pickup for your stellar collection.
    Hey, I gotta blame somebody.

4. Likes Cybotron, iyonk liked this post
    I was wondering how this worked out? Question answered. Congrats, I’m happy to hear it was all that you wanted it to be. Shame they only did that beautiful blue in platinum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

6. Likes mlcor, synequano liked this post
    Wow, talk about extremes, well done mlcor (you're a lot more adventurous than me for sure) !!!!!

8. Likes mlcor liked this post

The anti-Credor :-)

If I close my eyes an someone says Breitling I see a Navitimer in my mind. Its the signature Breitling piece. If your going to have a single Breitling watch to define the brand it has to be a Navitimer. I’ve always admired these, but I’m not certain I’m ready for anything this complex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Samanator; Jan 16, 2020 at 11:30 AM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

10. Likes CFR, gnuyork, mlcor, Cybotron, synequano liked this post
    Great pickup and a nice swap for the H2O. I really like the Navitimer, like Michael said, it's what I think of when I think of Breitling.

12. Likes mlcor, synequano liked this post

The anti-Credor :-)

I've been eyeing the Navitimers for a while now. The Sinn version caught my eye last year at the event you were at and I've been trying to decide which model to pursue. I think the Cosmonauts have a great historical link to space but also like the Sinn and the classic 806 and it's link to racing legend Jim Clark.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Col Angus; Jan 16, 2020 at 02:37 PM.

14. Likes mlcor, gnuyork, Raza liked this post
    That is a very cool pickup. Funny how it's the one that almost always gets a pass when people discuss busy dials.

16. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Col Angus View Post
    I've been eating the Navitimers for a while now. The Sinn version caught my eye last year at the event you were at and I've been trying to decide which model number to pursue. I think the Cosmonauts have a great historical link to space but also like the Sinn and the classic 806 and it's link to racing legend Jim Clark.

I hadn’t known that—here’s a link to a story about it:

https://petrolicious.com/articles/le...ste-in-watches

I remember a quote from Jackie Stewart about how precise Clark was—he said watching Clark shift and drive was like watching someone precisely rearranging items on their desk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Likes Col Angus, Raza, synequano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Col Angus View Post
    I've been eating the Navitimers for a while now. The Sinn version caught my eye last year at the event you were at and I've been trying to decide which model number to pursue. I think the Cosmonauts have a great historical link to space but also like the Sinn and the classic 806 and it's link to racing legend Jim Clark.

Very cool, and he was a Lotus driver too, so bonus.

20. Likes mlcor, Col Angus, Raza liked this post