Likes Likes:  341
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Thursday - 16 January 2020 »»»»»»»»»

Yes, of course you can make a case that they're a bit overpriced but you've got to compare apples and apples. Bottom line is regardless of who made it, Casio or a modder, titanium is a lot lighter and looks a lot better than the steel equivalents in fairness. Then when it's much easier to actually wear, that makes it worth paying for IMHO. Your mod has a nice shade but matching that up with a screen or module I like would be a bit difficult.

Red-infused means having some red yes, like the dw-5000 or the King you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by yokied View Post
    Yes, of course you can make a case that they're a bit overpriced but you've got to compare apples and apples. Bottom line is regardless of who made it, Casio or a modder, titanium is a lot lighter and looks a lot better than the steel equivalents in fairness. Then when it's much easier to actually wear, that makes it worth paying for IMHO. Your mod has a nice shade but matching that up with a screen or module I like would be a bit difficult.

Red-infused means having some red yes, like the dw-5000 or the King you posted.
    yeah I mean don't blame casio for going that way if people will pay why not

but just seems well my view of casio was always tool watches yet with these metal ones they can't take the punishment of the tool watch with out showing the dings and scratches more my dw6900 I would wear and do anything in same with my ga-100 but my metal mods got a few I baby more

but as long as casio still make good affordable models they will still be one of my Favorited brands I have had probably plus a hundred models in my collection and are still my most worn brand along with seiko ..

so yeah

what I like was casio gave the option of modding kits .. ok they was still a ton from some places but you could do the silver one for one sixty saving of a couple of hundred and their are questionable kit from china for £50 ish so can be cheap to do .

so like that they have cover all aspects of it so yeah got to give them credit they seem to like to see them modded with all the bezel etc etc they produce they seem to be a brand that truly covers all price points and all types of buyers with no feeling of elitism in there so yeah casio rocks
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

««««««««« WRUW - Thursday - 16 January 2020 »»»»»»»»»

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    yeah I mean don't blame casio for going that way if people will pay why not

but just seems well my view of casio was always tool watches yet with these metal ones they can't take the punishment of the tool watch with out showing the dings and scratches more my dw6900 I would wear and do anything in same with my ga-100 but my metal mods got a few I baby more

but as long as casio still make good affordable models they will still be one of my Favorited brands I have had probably plus a hundred models in my collection and are still my most worn brand along with seiko ..

so yeah

what I like was casio gave the option of modding kits .. ok they was still a ton from some places but you could do the silver one for one sixty saving of a couple of hundred and their are questionable kit from china for £50 ish so can be cheap to do .

so like that they have cover all aspects of it so yeah got to give them credit they seem to like to see them modded with all the bezel etc etc they produce they seem to be a brand that truly covers all price points and all types of buyers with no feeling of elitism in there so yeah casio rocks
    But it still would not be connected. Once I had one that was, I didn’t want any that were not. The G thing I never liked was there are just too many menus. I’m kind of fringe for the atomic to work. I get as many failures as completions. When a time change occurs it almost never works to set itself on its own. So I have to look up online the process I use twice a year to set it right. To its credit when I lost my Riseman Atomic/solar for nearly a year and a half it was spot on with my phone. The connected just set themselves touch free. I get the watch, link it to the phone, go through my preferences and bam it ready. I don’t have to mess with anything ever again. That’s how I want it to be. No other G completely disappears on the wrist like the titanium. They generally have some little thing that keeps you aware you have a watch on your wrist. When I put the titanium on I’m shocked to see I have a watch on my wrist when I look down.. There is absolutely nothing that bothers me at all about it. You’ll pay at least $8k for an automatic sport watch that does that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!