Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Invicta 8926ob to Black Bay Homage

Okay; couple of questions: how did you take the bezel insert off without wrecking it, and how did you take the crown tube out?
    Cheers

Excellent work!

3 BB homages

Last edited by Yankeexpress; Jun 10, 2015 at 07:01 AM.

3. Likes Churchy liked this post
    8926 BB homage, deployment strap,really appreciate the OP's domed crystal, a nice improvement.

Last edited by Yankeexpress; Jun 10, 2015 at 07:02 AM.

5. Likes Churchy liked this post
    MWC vet, still collecting Churchy's Avatar
    London, I am NOT a cockney, though I live nearer to Bow Bells than most "cockneys" do.
    Blog Entries

Invicta 8926ob to Black Bay Homage

Quote Originally Posted by man of kent View Post
    Okay; couple of questions: how did you take the bezel insert off without wrecking it, and how did you take the crown tube out?
    Cheers
    While I had the blades inserted under the bezel I got a plastic toothpick and ran it side to side under the insert, gently applying upward pressure, it's held in only by some double sided tape and lifted quite easily.

The stem tube I knew from other peoples write ups is just press fitted, I made a plastic shim to fit round the tube thread and just screwed the crown in, there was no drama it just screwed itself out. once it had come a couple of mm it was easily removed.

Ive added this info to the original posts

Quote Originally Posted by Churchy View Post
    Its been a good news bad news morning on the Mod front,

Everything was looking good, the case is nearly there and I last night I made a slight change to the Crown, putting a small shoulder on the inside edge to allow extra clearance for the bezel and make the crown seem narrower.
    I've seen this on another BB mod and it's very effective.
    I did a quick reassemble. put the bracelet back on and I think I need just a little tweak to the lugs to bring them perfectly in line with the end links.
    Then just a little more polishing and that will be good.

The New bezel arrived this morning so I did a quick test fit to see what the effect would be
    That's when the bad thing happened.
    I snapped the stem right at the point it joins to the crown
    I think what happened is I didn't fix the stem tube in place when i test fitted the modified crown. I needed to take it out again as theres more polishing to do.
    I forgot about the back pressure from the screw down crown and as I was pushing the Insert into place, the crown and tube popped out and I caught it with my thumb "snap"
    Now the stem and the Crown are useless, I think I have replacements sourced but its a delay and cost I could have done without.
    Really annoyed at myself.

Anyway the bezel looks good, so thats not so bad, its a press fit and quite a tight one at that so its not in flush at this point.

Sorry about the shadow, My head was still buzzing about the broken crown. But this picture does show off the new fluting on the bezel nicely.
    That's looking great

London, I am NOT a cockney, though I live nearer to Bow Bells than most "cockneys" do.
    Blog Entries
    Invicta Mod Pt5, Dial and Hands

The Dial and hands arrived from Dagaz on the 17th June just over a week after the order was placed, their reputation in the market is deservedly excellent and the quality is as good as I hoped.
    The detail in the dial is very good the printing and the lume filled rose gold markers are very crisp.

Name:  IMG_2775.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  45.6 KB

The Invicta Dial ready to come off.
    Name:  IMG_2776.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  90.6 KB

I didn’t want to damage so I took the usual precautions before lifting the hands off with fine tweezers.
    Name:  IMG_2777.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  36.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2778.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  113.5 KB

The dial is held in place by two pegs that press fit into the nylon spacer/holder.
    Name:  IMG_2779.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  101.6 KB

The new dial fits without a hitch.
    Name:  IMG_2781.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  118.2 KB

This is where I learn the difference between C1 and C3 lume. The dial lume is white where the hands are green.
    Name:  IMG_2833.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  21.5 KB

My fault of course, not paying enough attention to the order, so I get onto ordering the correct colour.

My word the Dagaz service is good, less than a week later the correct BB TRIBUTE ROSE-GOLD SNOWFLAKE C1 hands are here.

One…
    Name:  IMG_2829.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  35.8 KB
    Two…
    Name:  IMG_2830.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  30.5 KB
    Three!
    Name:  IMG_2831.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  33.5 KB

I wish it was as easy as that, a lot of deep breathing and steady hands.

The temptation is to fit it into the case, but I need to run it to make sure the hands don’t clash, so back into its protective case and wound, I’ll keep a check on it for a day or so while finish the case off.

Blog Entries
    All Parts gathered for assembly.
    Name:  IMG_2854.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  55.4 KB

Crystal pressed into position.
    Name:  IMG_2855.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  48.8 KB

Click spring located.
    Name:  IMG_2856.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  53.6 KB

And using the bezel to 'roll' it into position.
    Name:  IMG_2857.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  53.1 KB

Lock spring next, pushed into place with a plastic tip tool
    Name:  IMG_2858.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  57.1 KB

Movement and rotor in place, I may remove the invicta branding at some stage.
    Name:  IMG_2863.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  70.0 KB

Vital measurement of stem. measure twice, cut once. The old bezel is just there to keep the bezel spring in place.
    Name:  IMG_2864.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  75.9 KB

Back refitted
    Name:  IMG_2865.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  74.9 KB

One last thing to go.
    Name:  IMG_2866.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  66.5 KB

Again a lack of correct tools has spoiled the finish, damaged the bezel as I pushed it home, the paint on the outer edge peeled away.
    Name:  IMG_2867.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  59.5 KB
    It shows up worse in photos than real life but I ordered a new one anyway.

10. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Blog Entries

Invicta 8926ob to Black Bay Homage

I guess with doing something the first time you always learn a few things. Still a couple of bits to sort out but so far I'm pleased I made the attempt.
    Name:  IMG_2871.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  72.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_2875.jpg
Size:  73.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_2876.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  87.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_2877.jpg
Size:  81.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_2878.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  77.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_2879.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  91.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_2880.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  79.1 KB
    There's a new bezel on the way. I'll probably take the outer edge past off with wet'n'dry before fitting it.
    I'm not happy with the crown tube, the one I ordered was plated so is a slightly yellow colour compared to steel, and the thread is a little short.
    I also need to figure out how to do the red crown tube. Wrapping red thread round and coating with clear varnish looks OK from a distance but not close up.

12. Likes Martin, Chicolabronse, CamB, Smeagal liked this post
    New poster here, I just picked up the earlier model of the 8926 with the Miyota movement. I put in the same 2.0 crystal so it sits flush also. Very cool work on yours!

14. Likes OTGabe, Churchy liked this post
    Blog Entries
    , eagle.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .