Likes Likes:  20

Thread: Invicta 8926ob to Black Bay Homage

Threaded View

MWC vet, still collecting Churchy's Avatar
    London, I am NOT a cockney, though I live nearer to Bow Bells than most "cockneys" do.
    Blog Entries

Invicta 8926ob to Black Bay Homage

Thought I'd record my successes and failures with this mod here in its own thread.

I'd owned the Invicta for about a year and enjoyed its company very much, it made my mind up about the style and I recently purchased a Steinhart Ocean 1
    The Steinhart is a huge jump in quality and made the Invicta a little redundant but resale wouldn't have been very cost effective.
    I have admired the Tudor Black Bay for a while, but the price tag is still out of reach for me and a few off the shelf homages don't quite tick all the boxes.
    So I decided to try to mod the Invicta into a Black Bay.
    Both the Invicta and the Black bay have their origins in the Rolex submariner, but there are a lot of subtle differences so its not a straightforward bezel change and voila!
    The idea has been done a few times before and I took lots of advice and inspiration for different options from several previous success stories.
    the first few posts will pop up quite quickly as I've previously posted these in the MWC thread, but they'll get lost there pretty quickly so here they are on their own.

2. Likes is that my watch liked this post