If Zenith's showing at LVMH's Dubai Watch Week is anything to go by, 2020 could well be the year of the eccentric collaboration for the Swiss watchmaker. Not only were members of the press treated to the unveiling of the handsome, if slightly odd, Zenith DEFY El Primero 21 Land Rover Edition, but they were also shown this —*Zenith DEFY El Primero 21 Carl Cox Edition. My oh my, is this an interesting "remix" of the regular DEFY 21 … I'm not even really sure where to begin. For a start, the 44mm case, as well as the bezel, crown, chronograph pushers, end links and even the head of the deployant clasp, are all hewn from carbon fibre, which has been given a matt finish. And if the aesthetic of all this matt baked plastic wasn't inimitable enough, the bezel, and even the stitching on the black rubber and bright red Cordura strap, are treated with Super-LumiNova. This is, in my opinion, an incredibly outlandish novelty, and one* presumably done to ensure that Mr Cox can flex on his audience in even the darkest of dens of iniquity. The dial is also rather … unique, as the running seconds sub-dial,…

The post Superstar DJ Carl Cox remixes Zenith; feat. Lume appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...