Likes Likes:  36
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody try "Oil Pulling"?

Anybody try "Oil Pulling"?

Had two people ask me in one week - never heard of it so I thought I'd give it a try .Looked it up - yuuch.
    Swished that Sesame (organic, of course) around my mouth for 20 minutes a day for the last week. Only threw up once, which I consider an accomplishment.
    Cant see any improvement but my mouth is in pretty good order.

I've been hearing about it for years, never gotten around to giving it a try.

If scotch pulling is a thing though, I'll live to be a trillion.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

Blog Entries
    Back in the late seventies a number of people died after having used, I kid you not, coffee enemas. Apparently the tailpipe route allows for considerably greater bioavailability of caffeine than the oral route, to the extent that what would have otherwise been benign amounts of coffee by the traditional method of ingestion were actually fatal by the, uh, non-standard method. I recall thinking at the time that if you can convince someone to enemize themselves with coffee there's probably no practical limit to what else you can convince them to do.

In my dotage I have become increasingly resistant to 'health' practices for which there is little if any scientific validation. If there isn't a stack of methodologically sound, randomized, double-blind, peer reviewed studies supporting the practice then I'm not having it. I'm quite content to let other people be the guinea pigs for fashionable quackery.
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

4. Likes MarkO, Matt, boatme99 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Back in the late seventies a number of people died after having used, I kid you not, coffee enemas. Apparently the tailpipe route allows for considerably greater bioavailability of caffeine than the oral route, to the extent that what would have otherwise been benign amounts of coffee by the traditional method of ingestion were actually fatal by the, uh, non-standard method. I recall thinking at the time that if you can convince someone to enemize themselves with coffee there's probably no practical limit to what else you can convince them to do.

In my dotage I have become increasingly resistant to 'health' practices for which there is little if any scientific validation. If there isn't a stack of methodologically sound, randomized, double-blind, peer reviewed studies supporting the practice then I'm not having it. I'm quite content to let other people be the guinea pigs for fashionable quackery.

No. I love coffee, but no.

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

6. Likes Nokie liked this post
    Hm, Strange, you remind me of another s**t coffee craze, the hyper expensive civet coffee, that's already been through an animal before you get to drink it
    http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...e-cut-the-crap

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Back in the late seventies a number of people died after having used, I kid you not, coffee enemas. Apparently the tailpipe route allows for considerably greater bioavailability of caffeine than the oral route, to the extent that what would have otherwise been benign amounts of coffee by the traditional method of ingestion were actually fatal by the, uh, non-standard method.
    I wouldnt want the coffee , I think the shock of having the tailpipe inserted would be enough for me ,

9. Likes pepperami liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    I wouldnt want the coffee , I think the shock of having the tailpipe inserted would be enough for me ,
    Ain't that the truth!

I'm on my way home and looking forward to a coffee... in a cup... going down, not up

11. Likes Seriously, boatme99 liked this post
    I'll stick with Listerine, thanks.
    As for the toxins: I figure anything that hasn't killed me, is helping to strengthen my immune system.
    My body is a temple.... It may look (and feel) like this...
    Name:  Sun_Temple.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  52.5 KB
    ... but, it's still standing
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

13. Likes Chase, theague, Donf, ljb187 liked this post
    people will do just about anything if the right person tells them to.
    Kody

Make me smile as I read that post along with the signature underneath it

16. Likes Matt liked this post