Likes Likes:  45
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What happens when you send a 1000m watch to 6000m

rolex pic as answer guy mikeylacroix's Avatar

What happens when you send a 1000m watch to 6000m

from another forum i go to

SeiyaJapan.com

SBBN013, SBDX011 (1000m diver) were subjected to diving test.They performed perfectly down to a depth of 3,000m by Kaiko7000II

SBBN013
    3284m second hand was stopped
    5933m Crystal was broken
    SBDX011
    4299m second hand was stopped
    4804m Crystal was broken

2. Likes Matt liked this post
    Why??
    :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah
    JLC - Rolex - Tudor - Weiss - Sinn - Omega - Breitling - Bathys - Swatch - G-Shock
    but it changes often

Instagram: @Jeep99Dad

That's an expensive test expedition,,, great to see the watch can stand 3x the rating...

i dont know the point of the test, since no human can go wearing any dive watch i that depth anyway without being in a special submariner capsule or something anyway.

they might make the crystal much thicker latter and we'll see people walking with these even more bulky dive watch with 5000m-6000m rating and 20mm thick with a suite =).

5. Likes Jeep99Dad, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep99Dad View Post
    Why??
    :-)

yeah, like seeing a test that use knives as screwdriver or prybar =)

Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    i dont know the point of the test, since no human can go wearing any dive watch i that depth anyway without being in a special submariner capsule or something anyway.

they might make the crystal much thicker latter and we'll see people walking with these even more bulky dive watch with 5000m-6000m rating and 20mm thick with a suite =).
    That's what I was thinking

JLC - Rolex - Tudor - Weiss - Sinn - Omega - Breitling - Bathys - Swatch - G-Shock
    but it changes often

Instagram: @Jeep99Dad

8. Likes iyonk liked this post
    So, the result of this experience was that we can't trust a watch if it is supposed to be used beyond its own specifications?! I would never have guessed...
    Last edited by CFR; Jun 11, 2015 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    So, the result of this experience was that we can't trust a watch if it is supposed to be used beyond its own specifications?! I would never have guessed...
    yeah back to the definition of 'used' and 'ab-used' (abnormal-used) hehehe..

i've seen torture test for watches, like smashing g-shock as hard as one can to wall or concrete just to test its shock resist , or roll a car over it, boil it, burn it and so on.. nothing interest me.., i much prefer if they put the watch on their wrist - and do the test hehehe.. see if the wrist/wearer survive as good as the watch =P

11. Likes FuzzyB, KingK, OhDark30, synequano liked this post
    Well, they could start doing these tests on all watches rated 1000m and above to see which are the "Most Over-engineered".

The winning model's sales will spike and a race to see who manages to have the highest "actual" depth rating will then ensue.

That's why I wear this when I swim:

When the second hand stops running, it's a good warning sign to head to the surface. I don't want my crystal to break!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    That's an expensive test expedition,,, great to see the watch can stand 3x the rating...

6000m, pressure tested to 6000m in water, 16.5mm thick including crystal, grade 5 titanium and super light and comfortable to wear
    Name:  30919-chase-albums-chase-misc-picture80746-image.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  40.9 KB
    Almost deep enough for the hot tub

15. Likes CFR, iyonk, synequano, Nokie, popoki nui, -JP liked this post