Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Orient Mako

Nice. Looks interesting.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

3. Likes pepperami liked this post
    Sapphire and SEL? I might be tempted to pick up the white one for the right price. I wonder what it will cost from other dealers like Long Island who usually are a lot cheaper than direct from OWUSA. I'm also curious why it's $60 cheaper than the original MAKO?
    Kody

5. Likes pepperami liked this post
    I'm not a huge fan. One of the defining visuals of the Mako was the Arabic numbers, now it looks too generic.

Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    I'm not a huge fan. One of the defining visuals of the Mako was the Arabic numbers, now it looks too generic.
    Yes I did wonder about the ommission of the numbers...more like a new Ray?

if they would loose the datepusher, add a hackfunction and manual winding on the model Mako i have, the watch would be near perfect. The changes they made now look more like gimmicks to me

Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    if they would loose the datepusher, add a hackfunction and manual winding on the model Mako i have, the watch would be near perfect. The changes they made now look more like gimmicks to me
    Second this. Key detractors for this watch for me.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Quote Originally Posted by Ague Trading Co View Post
    I'm also curious why it's $60 cheaper than the original MAKO?
    Because the original Mako is grossly overpriced? Visually, only dial is different. So, they used the old movement, hands from existing models, and for those savings squeezed SEL, crystal, Luminova and dropped the price by $60? The numbers, kinda, don't add up, unless the original Mako is monstrously overpriced ... I like it, though.

I think if they make this model with sapphire and improved lume on the lume colored dial model, I'm in! Been wanting to add a lume dial in the collection for a while now and this is a great and cheap alternative to the Damasko. I'm going to have to keep my eyes open I'm thinking it's gonna happen.

Just looked, seen one with a white dial but not sure if it's s lume dial. Being the hands have lume I'm thinking it's not? Still liking it in the white dial. They are not that descriptive though....