Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watches purchased while on Capri

As promised - here's a shot of the Capri Watch. 38mm wide (excluding the crown) x 11mm thick. Signed CW SS bracelet w/butterfly clasp. The back says "Capri Watch/by Silvio Staiano/CapriCapri.com/Swarovski Crystals" 10 ATM. The central (jewel free) zone is 21mm across.

Someone (above) posted a version with a full field of jewels. They also off "traditional" men's styles (mostly divers).

Compared with the prices of the Rolex, etc. watches available every 50 meters - priced quite reasonably.

FWIW - my wife's criteria were:

a-x) "I do not wind watches" - so...quartz
    y) easy to read
    z) a large crown, making it easy to reset

She also crosses many timezones.

Name:  CapriWatch.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  108.0 KB
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

2. Likes synequano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin63 View Post
    Love that Timex 100!
    Me to but that band is fugly

Sent from my Galaxy S6 edge using Tapatalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

I kinda like it in a kitschy sort of way. I'D never wear it, but hey whatever makes you, or your wife, happy. It's kind of a cute keepsake or collectors piece. Again, not to be worn but it can be kept. Hidden away.

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    I kinda like it in a kitschy sort of way. I'D never wear it, but hey whatever makes you, or your wife, happy. It's kind of a cute keepsake or collectors piece. Again, not to be worn but it can be kept. Hidden away.

-hayday
    Sadly, I get to see it...every day. No worries...birthday time will come soon enough. Let's see if I can knock this one off her wrist in favor of something I am Ebel to appreciate. It will still be quartz, though.
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

6. Likes hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    Me to but that band is fugly

Sent from my Galaxy S6 edge using Tapatalk
    Part of the charm of the authentic vintage look. I can recall when EVERYONE I knew was wearing a Speidel Twist-o-flex. They were modern engineering marvels. They, too, could take a licking...

They *are* a bitch to re-size, though. I felt like I needed four hands. There's a YouTube video showing a pro doing it with a strap holder, tweezers, and a small knife. I could not figure out how to get it back together while in the holder (too many small pieces to keep aligned), and had to resort to holding it in one hand, using all 5 fingers for independent tasks. Piano training turns out to be useful, once again. It's together, and looks presentable - but the next "adjustment" will be to put it on a different strap. I like keeping it on metal, to "match" the modern Timex (which is on bright, shiny mesh) - but I'm not sure anything *except* a Speidel would look "authentic".

Quote Originally Posted by KennethRSloan View Post
    I like keeping it on metal, to "match" the modern Timex (which is on bright, shiny mesh) - but I'm not sure anything *except* a Speidel would look "authentic".
    Might look rather nice on the right leather.

Attachment 22052

Did they get those letters in the wrong order ?

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post

Did they get those letters in the wrong order ?
    Nein, das ist richtig.