Editor's note: First released at Baselworld 2017, Chopard's L.U.C XP turned heads from the moment it was unveiled, and, as we wrote at the time, it's a compelling timepiece that blends everyday practicality with real dress watch sensibility. The aesthetics of this watch's aren't its only saving grace, however … far from it. Thanks to being an L.U.C timepiece, you're also getting a watch with the mechanical prowess and bespoke finishing only to be expected of Chopard's haute horology offshoot. Below are are some further thoughts and specs on this great watch. Enjoy.* I don't want to sound like a jaded watch journalist because –*let's be honest –*those guys are the worst. But having said that, there were not too many surprises at Baselworld 2017. I knew we'd be seeing Speedmasters from Omega, a Sea-Dweller from Rolex and some crazy-but-cool collabs from Hublot. I didn't expect to be blown away by a simple, smart little dress watch from*Chopard. Now, don't get me wrong, I've got a lot of time for Chopard's fine watchmaking (and indeed their high jewellery – though*I'm not the target market there), but the way the Chopard L.U.C XP managed to combine proper high horology, classical restraint…

The post This Chopard L.U.C XP is a dress watch with a difference appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...