Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Casio Oceanus

Blog Entries

Casio Oceanus

Saw this posted in an unrelated forum and was intrigued. They use bluetooth to help sync it. I didn't know such an animal existed, and it does not look that bad either.

Name:  oceanus.jpg
Views: 1159
Size:  176.7 KB

Cheers!

Dan

2. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    It's this one: https://products.oceanus.casio.jp/_detail/OCW-T200S-1A/

The whole current collection: https://oceanus.casio.jp/collection/

Seiya does them.

The overview of Oceanus Connected tech: https://oceanus.casio.jp/club/blue/1904/1/

Not being a fan of BT tech in watches, I'd still go with an S100 model if I was after an Oceanus, even though the design is probably a bit dated now and I think I like the hands on T200S more.

Blog Entries
    I had just not seen this before and decided to comment.

Thanks!

Dan

5. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    I haven't been on this forum for a while.

I own one of these, having recently purchased it. The movement is very easy to operate and very intuitive. If one does not like BT, it may be competely omitted. The watch then will sync through radio waves.

Or the syncing may be turned off completely.

The watch weighs only 54 grams without the strap. The lume is actually very good. I don't sleep with it so cannot tell you if it will last all night long.

The most important for me that it hits ALL the marks. My OCD can finally rest.

As I am very partial to tool watches, I will patiently wait for Casio Overland with this movement. Hopefully Casio will read this post

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by samael_6978; Mar 11, 2021 at 05:08 AM.

7. Likes rodia77, Volgo liked this post
    I sold the above, medium blue, T200 and purchased grey-dialed one.

And now I can confirm. The lume will last the whole night. I exposed the Casio, along with Seiko and Citizen divers, to light for some time. The time was readable on all three after about seven hours in the darkness.

9. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by samael_6978 View Post
    I sold the above, medium blue, T200 and purchased grey-dialed one.

And now I can confirm. The lume will last the whole night. I exposed the Casio, along with Seiko and Citizen divers, to light for some time. The time was readable on all three after about seven hours in the darkness.

Still own this? Thoughts after some good wear time?

Considering adding another Oceanus.

I gave this watch to my father. He is very pleased. And I will buy the same casio for myself. I am captivated by the combination of classic style with a set of electronics and advanced technologies. For example: multi-band atomic timing, which allows you to receive radio signals from various atomic clocks around the world to correct the time, including date and daylight saving time. They have a solar panel under the dial that converts both natural and artificial light into electrical energy. This impresses me.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrodbeck View Post
    I gave this watch to my father. He is very pleased. And I will buy the same casio for myself. I am captivated by the combination of classic style with a set of electronics and advanced technologies. For example: multi-band atomic timing, which allows you to receive radio signals from various atomic clocks around the world to correct the time, including date and daylight saving time. They have a solar panel under the dial that converts both natural and artificial light into electrical energy. This impresses me.
    hey

yeah one of well at one time both my casio go too was solar sold a lot of my casio's on but keep five or six more all purpose ones
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

The last watch is very original. The image of the leader of the Aztec tribe came to mind with such a watch on his hands, only instead of an electronic dial there is a pyramid that casts a shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrodbeck View Post
    The last watch is very original. The image of the leader of the Aztec tribe came to mind with such a watch on his hands, only instead of an electronic dial there is a pyramid that casts a shadow.
    yeah I'm a modded , tinker ,watch builder in my spare time had that gw m5600 in a joblot and rebuilt it and then modded it with that steel bezel/bracelet set ...

working on some Russian 3602 pocket watch movements right now funnily enough rebuilt the other one too
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1