Are you having one made ?

I wouldn't order quantity though , it might just have a limited market

4. Likes ljb187 liked this post
    Looks very interesting.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

6. Likes ljb187 liked this post
    It never ceases to amaze me what you can do in MS Paint

Have you ever investigated Seiko mods? Seiko 5 pilot case, Tudor snowflake dial, orange sword hands..etc.

8. Likes ljb187 liked this post
    Does anybody know the name of the font Nomos uses on the Club (or the closest approximation)?

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Looks very interesting.
    I go back & forth with this...also considering:

Name:  Main_BG.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  63.2 KB

Wouldn't use those hands / not sure about pairing it with Sinn's sword hands though...as Domo's pointed out, that's why they invented Paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me what you can do in MS Paint

Have you ever investigated Seiko mods? Seiko 5 pilot case, Tudor snowflake dial, orange sword hands..etc.
    I actually have a few floating around, including this MKII set:

Name:  1341505511_magicfields_product_image_1_1.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  133.3 KB

I think it's a great one, but haven't gotten around to making a project yet...can't stuff it inside that Sinn or I would have tried already. I'll probably turn a 007 into this someday minus the day/date and plus a 12 hour bezel:

Name:  CIMG2879 (1).jpg
Views: 174
Size:  89.5 KB

The 42mm diameter threw me at first, but the 46mm lug-to-lug makes that work.
    Last edited by ljb187; Jun 14, 2015 at 12:08 AM.

10. Likes Domo, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ljb187 View Post

Name:  CIMG2879 (1).jpg
Views: 174
Size:  89.5 KB

Actually, I don't think that works... too many numerals and a sense of the dial not filling the case. The no-date dial would be better, but I'm still not sure it would look like a natural partner for the case.

12. Likes ljb187 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Actually, I don't think that works... too many numerals and a sense of the dial not filling the case. The no-date dial would be better, but I'm still not sure it would look like a natural partner for the case.
    I large part you're right about that, but I'd be shooting for the Benrus Type 2 on the right::

Name:  Benrus-A-B_580_zpsc01451c2.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  142.8 KB

The originals had a some gap between the dial and chapter ring:

Name:  BenrusTypeII77-6_edited-1.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  92.4 KB

So while a 12 hour bezel and a brushed stainless chapter ring mitigates some, that gap ought to be closed by about half and the 007's bezel is probably a little thin. It's like the Type 2's clutter needs to be chunkier and compressed to come into its own. The Type 1 dial (left) works better - credit Rolex - but love the MIL-W-46374 layout. Swatch Hamilton's Khaki Fields are out for a few reasons...man is watch stuff is hard...so here I sit hanging onto that MKII kit till I figure out what to do. Seiko 5 has the perfect style & size, but I'd like something more robust.
    Last edited by ljb187; Jun 15, 2015 at 03:13 AM.

Also: Because Domo can't get enough of my Paint skills, I created a alternative to the test design above:

Name:  656 No More 4.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  73.4 KB

I actually thought (and am still thinking) about putting a diamond at 12 just to be contrary.

15. Likes Domo, theague liked this post
    Is today your birthday?

Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    Is today your birthday?
    It will be in 14 minutes...my wife's relatives are over the dateline so they've already wished me sòok-săn wan gèrt earlier. That's not my real blood type though - I have no idea about that so I used the most popular one as a placeholder.

18. Likes Domo liked this post