Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'like' and 'dislike'

'like' and 'dislike'

in the wake of Facebook introducing the 'dislike ' button - i wonder what actual service it would perform for the same reason that it wouldn't work on this forum or any forum -for the same reasons pressing a like button here doesn't imply that one dislikes those that haven't been 'liked ' -if that makes sense - disliking a post is nothing in itself without an explanation of the reasons why and in fact on here would be deemed disrepectful i'm sure , whereas one can like something without having to explain the reasons why [imo ]

2. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    There is a dislike function in the software, but of course we disabled it. We also disabled giving negative reputation. Like you said, disagreement in dialog is a big part of forum interaction. But providing a means for 'drive by' negative interaction will lead nowhere good IMO.

Agreed, it feels like a recipe for extreme discord

5. Likes shameless liked this post
    It's about as useful as the thumbs down button on YouTube

Why bother pressing it, just move along...

Let's have it for some randomly chosen person each week and let's dislike the **** out of them all week long.... Yay

7. Likes shameless liked this post
    Blog Entries
    If there were only a way to say we commiserate with a hardship posted by someone we like. I wouldn't want to click "like" if someone's house got robbed, I would want to click "dislike...in sympathy."
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

9. Likes whatmeworry liked this post
    That ^^

A sympathise button, or a 'support' button, or even an 'agree' button

I can't see any good from the dislike button. How are they presenting it?

Dislike on YouTube is good and. I lament that they don't show the like score in a search. Half the time the video is crap or just not what it says it is and I'd rather not have seen it. Forums are different.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Dislike on YouTube is good and. I lament that they don't show the like score in a search. Half the time the video is crap or just not what it says it is and I'd rather not have seen it. Forums are different.

Disagree, often pressed by dickheads who just wanna press it cos they can.....

Bit like the comments section, somebody will post some shite ... Because they can not because they have a valid point... .. That's why they invariably turn into such train wrecks.

I'd rather have not read your reply but there it was.........

Joking
    Last edited by Seriously; Sep 16, 2015 at 09:39 PM. Reason: docklands ?? dickheads I meant

Agreed, it feels like a recipe for extreme discord
    Hummmm.......sound like another site I used to frequent......
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx