Likes Likes:  327
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Friday - 14 February 2020 »»»»»»»»»

Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    Thanks for sharing, R!
    Looks like you had a cool trying on time
    And it’s interesting to see watches like the Askania that don’t make it to these shores

Which was your fave?
    Any new purchasing plans hatched?
    I might want to go for a perfect Rolex collection:

Name:  IMG_20200214_153350.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  43.7 KB

Oh wait, I have it.

When an (Rolex?) attendant saw me taking the pic, he came over and very politely noted that they have more Rolex upstairs. Yup, they did:

Name:  IMG_20200214_153909.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  59.6 KB

TBF, there was a handful of pieces more scattered around the displays but you get the picture.

I had a look at Cartier and figured they all are pretty much jewellery and Santos would be the only one I could consider at this point.

BTW, a shoutout to Wempe, great shopping (well, eying, more like) experience and atmosphere.

Also enjoyed my time at Hublot. The Unico Sapphire is something I wanted to check out back in 2018 but they didn't have it yet back then in Budapest. How smoothly the flyback chrono movement was working was amazing, too. I also had a look at IIRC a Big Bang of 'magic gold', a mix of gold and ceramic. While their form-factors are not for me, I do admire how they're pushing the tech.

Fave, I think this Junghans was a happy discovery and comfortably in my fave price range. Every time I visit those higher end boutiques I'm confirming with myself that I simply have no interest in buying/owning crazily expensive watches.

Plans, no more watches at all. Ever.

2. Likes Greg, OhDark30, CFR liked this post
    Sounds like a productive and enjoyable time all round
    Cool to try on the crystal Hublot, and I’ve set a timer for when you announce that incoming Junghans

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    ..Plans, no more watches at all. Ever.
    Yeah, right
    :-)
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

4. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    @Rodia

Selection at Miami Design District AD yesterday.

Sent from Maxwell Smart's shoe.

6. Likes OhDark30, rodia77 liked this post