...and somehow left the crown unscrewed.

Yea. That happened. At a pool party last night I was enjoying myself in the pool and looked down and saw the crown on my Sinn U1 was unscrewed. I guess I didn't screw it in after setting the date and time in the morning. I have no clue how that happened, but it did. I of course immediately freaked out and got out of the water. Looking the watch over it seems like I dodged a bullet, there was no condensation noticed on the dial or any other suggestions that there was water intrusion but I realize I can't be 100% certain, at least not knowing the watch's internals. I guess I could either email Sinn and ask or I think RGM is the official US repair center for Sinn so I could email them as well to get their opinion on the matter.

Right now the watch is sitting on a shelf if my closet with the crown unscrewed hopefully allowing any moisture that might be in it to find it's way out. At the end of the day I might just end up sending it off for a service just to be on the safe side, it's 4 years old so its on the very beginning of service time anyway. Considering this is my "dive watch" then a fresh service and pressure test wouldn't hurt.

So as a PSA please, check your crowns before going down...