Likes Likes:  61
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh Mister Postman! Oh FuzzyB!!

Oh Mister Postman! Oh FuzzyB!!

With this entry to FuzzyB's amazingly generous multiple-watch Giveaway #1 I won a Luch 2209, for me to give to a watchless friend of mine who has been impressed by my thin little Soviet manuals, and has been looking around for one with nice interesting numerals

The postman gave me a parcel rather larger than I was expecting....and in it I found TWO soviet watches! The Luch 2209 AND ALSO a Wostok 2214 COMPLETELY UNEXPECTEDLY!!

I'm going to be seeing my friend and his wife this evening. As well as these two watches I'll take along these two other straps as well, so that he's got all the choice he could possibly want

FuzzyB has approved of my plan to let him try on "my" watch and then if he likes it, say, well actually, its for you....but now I've got to make it worth with two watches! This *will* be fun

That's six hours away and I can't WAIT! I'll be sure to take photos and report on how it all goes I wonder if I should let his wife in on the secret first, so we can the maximum fun out of this....

I'm very glad the Wostok has a date window, or my heart would be very heavy passing it on The grey dial is a beautiful sunburst, the gold hands and indices really stand out, and even by the very high Soviet standards these are cool numerals

Presents in the post - Good.... Unexpected presents in the post - Even better
    Happy for you and your friend
    If I praise Brian any more, I'll start to seem like a sycophant (I like that word) .
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

3. Likes FuzzyB, Der Amf, is that my watch liked this post
    awesome! these are the charm of IWL! congrats for 3 of you hehehe.. always smile to read a great post like this.. =D

I'll be looking forward to hearing how it goes! I hope he likes them.

6. Likes Der Amf, iyonk, BlackNomad liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    With this entry to FuzzyB's amazingly generous multiple-watch Giveaway #1 I won a Luch 2209, for me to give to a watchless friend of mine who has been impressed by my thin little Soviet manuals, and has been looking around for one with nice interesting numerals

The postman gave me a parcel rather larger than I was expecting....and in it I found TWO soviet watches! The Luch 2209 AND ALSO a Wostok 2214 COMPLETELY UNEXPECTEDLY!!

I'm going to be seeing my friend and his wife this evening. As well as these two watches I'll take along these two other straps as well, so that he's got all the choice he could possibly want

FuzzyB has approved of my plan to let him try on "my" watch and then if he likes it, say, well actually, its for you....but now I've got to make it worth with two watches! This *will* be fun

That's six hours away and I can't WAIT! I'll be sure to take photos and report on how it all goes I wonder if I should let his wife in on the secret first, so we can the maximum fun out of this....

I'm very glad the Wostok has a date window, or my heart would be very heavy passing it on The grey dial is a beautiful sunburst, the gold hands and indices really stand out, and even by the very high Soviet standards these are cool numerals
    very nice and generous both of you. Love's me a wossie and I had my eye on the round case luch but could not decide between that and the pillow case luch so I put it in the hands of fate (well Fuzzy b ) and went mystery and I was not disappointed I can tell you. so hope the friends happy that he's has got a Russian at last
    Last edited by is that my watch; Jun 15, 2015 at 01:13 PM. Reason: duh spelling
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

8. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    If I praise Brian any more, I'll start to seem like a sycophant (I like that word) .
    hmmm is that like a psychotic elephant

only joking but yes not a word that can be use quotidian is it
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

10. Likes OhDark30, BlackNomad liked this post
    Really nice watches, and especially nice gestures of friendship and generosity by you both. Hats off () to Brian and DA.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGtime View Post
    Really nice watches, and especially nice gestures of friendship and generosity by you both. Hats off () to Brian and DA.
    YOU, of course, will know ALL about the benefits of having TWO mechanical watches

I think I know which watch I had best wear this evening...

14. Likes FuzzyB, iyonk, JAGtime, OhDark30 liked this post
    FuzzyB is like father Christmas! In fact have a new title on me. When will his sack empty?! So to speak...
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

16. Likes crownpuller, JAGtime liked this post