Likes Likes:  42
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seiko SRP777

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I didn't, but it was this German eBay seller -

Attachment 94434

The accompanying documents showed that the seller is a shop in Düsseldorf -

https://juwelier-noelle.de/

On the ‘seconds’ theory - I’ve never really subscribed to it, having seen no evidence.

In passing, I’d say that I’m not entirely convinced by some reports of alignment issues either. Cameras are rarely held at a flat angle, and some gimlet-eyed complainants seem over-enthusiastic in their complaints.
    yeah my faults was more serious then misalignment can't remember what they was now think one had marks of some kind the other think was something internal going wrong or coming loose but you may be right that their was always lots of post but not many pics ... remember their customer services stank thou .
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    I can't remember seeing misalignment reports that wouldn't be accompanied by credible pics. And I've seen many more such reports than I would like to.

I’d put the credibility score at no better than 25%. And then if I think of the satisfied customers that don’t draw attention to their satisfaction - the number of unsatisfactory watches starts to look quite small.
    Last edited by tribe125; Feb 19, 2020 at 10:42 PM.

3. Likes rodia77, iyonk liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Seiko continues to amaze. Nice watch!

(When I needed a new car two years ago, I bought a Toyota hybrid. Sorta the same feelings about Seiko. Just good solid reliability. Been a fan for decades!)
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

5. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Seiko continues to amaze. Nice watch!

(When I needed a new car two years ago, I bought a Toyota hybrid. Sorta the same feelings about Seiko. Just good solid reliability. Been a fan for decades!)

Now you’ve got me thinking...

It might be possible to come up with a parallel lineage of Seiko divers and the Toyota Hilux.

7. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Congrats Alan! the turtle look GREAT on your wrist!

i personally prefer the turtle shape and case better than the SKX007, and the fact that the turtle come with better movement is a bonus.... i have been missing some deals when my friend sold their turtle for very2 affordable price.. bummer..

as for the missalignment almost all the my seiko has some sort of this issue... not to be "$mart@$$", but form the picture, your 6 o'clock part of the indices and chapter ring seem a bit off to the right, and this has been a super common issue that we could just ignore it as long as the time keeping and power reserve does the job well..

and yes, with that strap, the combo really suit you perfectly... now you look like a veteran agent or military instructor! JK..
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

Funny, I'm actually wearing mine right now., and I really haven't worn it since this summer on the beach... went from the Orient this morning to the vintage Seiko this afternoon and decided to put on the Turtle to cook dinner because I don't mind if it gets messy.

But yes, it's a heck of a watch. Congrats.

Edit: I need to get one of those straps.. I like the OEM quite well, except for that large buckle and metal keeper.
    Last edited by gnuyork; Feb 20, 2020 at 01:56 AM.

10. Likes CFR, tribe125, Greg liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    not to be "$mart@$$", but form the picture, your 6 o'clock part of the indices and chapter ring seem a bit off to the right, and this has been a super common issue that we could just ignore it
    Pretty sure that's just due to the angle of the photo posted.

12. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    and decided to put on the Turtle to cook dinner because I don't mind if it gets messy.
    That's interesting. Mine is often called to perform the same task and for the same reason.

14. Likes gnuyork, Greg liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    not to be "$mart@$$", but form the picture, your 6 o'clock part of the indices and chapter ring seem a bit off to the right, and this has been a super common issue that we could just ignore it as long as the time keeping and power reserve does the job well..

Let’s have a look...

With the naked eye I can see nothing amiss. With a magnifying glass, the 6 marker is very slightly out, but by an almost imperceptible amount. I had to check a few times to be sure because it’s still far from obvious, even under magnification. If I go back to the naked eye, it’s fine again, even though I know where to look. If that’s an issue, it’s me that has the problem...

I wouldn’t usually subject an affordable watch to this level of scrutiny, but let’s check everything else. Five minute markers and bezel markers - all lined up. Bezel triangle and 12 marker - spot on. Lume plots - all regular and in the right place. Text - crisp. Day and date - level. Hands - clean and sharp. Bezel action - smooth and precise with no play. Case finishing - immaculate. In two of these areas it’s better than the Submariner I used to have.

If I was a Seiko quality controller, I’d happily give the watch a pass. If a customer brought it back, I’d show him the door and lock it.

And after all that looking and writing, I’ll just look down at the watch on my wrist - and it’s still looking like a fabulous watch for the money. And after 24 hours, it’s running at -0.5 seconds - which may have been how long it took my finger to depress the crown.

Now for the Jaeger-LeCoultre...

16. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Congrats Alan! I'm with you, spectacular bang-for-the-buck on all versions of these from Seiko! Looks awesome on your wrist!

I will definitely check out your strap reference, which looks great!
    Cheers,

Chris

18. Likes iyonk, tribe125 liked this post