You guys may not remember, but from my earliest days at WUS I've been obsessed with Kayaks. Always coming close to buying one, but also, always, having other priorities for my money - diving, watches, cycling, camping, and so on and so forth.

Finally - after years of planning and research, and with the handy justification of 'rewarding' myself for completing the MS Bike Tour (180 km, 2 days, in central Alberta) I bit the bullet and bought one. Or ordered one - to be more precise. The best part is that the company itself is based out of Airdrie Alberta. About 3 hours south of us. So customer service should be a breeze.

It's a folding kayaking. And while I had checked out the offerings from FolBot, Klepper, Oru and a few others one stood out for me - Trak. Seems like a newer outfit, but I was pretty convinced by the reviews, and the product itself. Feels like the perfect boat to grow with. I particularly like the fact that you can actually alter the shape of the hull depending on the kind of paddling your planning on doing - ie. river / coastal kayaking where maneuverability is key? Or long distance ocean kayaking where you want to go fast and straight.

Anyway, it's being shipped this week, and I should have it early next week at the latest. Pretty pumped. Anyone else have any experience with this brand? Folding kayaks in general? Kayaking touring (even more generally?)

http://www.trakkayaks.com/

Mine is black and white - which looks great on the water. Almost Orca-ish.

Of course - with this sort of expense, money for watches is, once again, depleted. That's not stopping me from contemplating good watches to match with kayaking - I'm thinking it may (finally) be time to invest in a Bathys. Seems like a perfect complement - especially since I seem to be on an 'itch scratching' tear lately.