Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Clueless in Bristol

Question Clueless in Bristol

I figured this would be the best place to ask:

A friend of mine is currently sorting out his father's estate and has just sent me a picture of something found amongst his possesions; he thought I'd be interested:

Name:  tegrov.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  95.0 KB

He asked if I could tell him anything about it ?.... Erm.... No ! Apart from the fact that I think it's a lovely looking little thing.
    There are no marks at all on the caseback, and needless to say: He's not opened it to see the movement.
    I've had a quick Google, but cannot even find another like it; so figured I'd enlist the help (pretty please) of some experts who hang around on a forum that I frequent.
    Any information about it you guys can offer would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

My friend had never seen it before, didn't know his Father even had a watch (he never wore one by all accounts).
    Last edited by crownpuller; Feb 27, 2020 at 06:00 PM.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

well it's swiss not Russian I do believe think it's from the same makers as sornia the movements are good strong things but not very pretty looking it was a generic swiss brand of the 60''s / 70's there was mention of a Russian connection but think that was wrong from memory maybe the name gave people that idea .. they are fun but inexpensive in that form some of thier funky 70's chronos are pretty cool

think some have the later Roskopf calibre movement but thats just a guess with out seeing it
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

3. Likes crownpuller liked this post
    All I can find is that Tegrov might have been a brand of Sorna, Grenchen, so not Russian.

I think they were cheapish, functional watches with basic movements. This one reminds me of something -

Name:  546BB82A-4B30-4B95-9609-67B4FF83B29C.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  48.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    well it's swiss not Russian...
    Told you I was clueless. I thought (assumed) Tegrov was Russian..... despite the clearly marked 'SWISS MADE' on the dial.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    All I can find is that Tegrov might have been a brand of Sorna, Grenchen, so not Russian.
    Thanks, yes, details seem a little thin on the ground from my Google efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    This one reminds me of something -

Name:  546BB82A-4B30-4B95-9609-67B4FF83B29C.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  48.4 KB

Looks familiar... ... Is it a Maserati ?

Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Told you I was clueless. I thought (assumed) Tegrov was Russian..... despite the clearly marked 'SWISS MADE' on the dial.
    yes was not going to mention that clanger but was very faded so could be missed maybe .. yeah theirs nowt much on them on the net anywhere really few links to sornia and a few other 70's brand they lost out in the quartz crisis and just faded away like so many swiss brands did so yeah hard to find much from memory took a look in to them a few years back was not even enough info for a decent thread

but as I say good work horse movements normal bit like smiths swiss not fancy looking movement but they work and work well but if it is more 50's and thats the vibe I am getting might have a decent 17 jewel movement which does look slightly Russian from memory as well similar to luch if I remember right
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1