Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Breitlings in Film...

Breitlings in Film...

Was watching "Taken 3" this afternoon, and was happy to see an Emergency on the wrist of Forest Whitaker. He played the lead Detective for the police in this 3rd in the Taken trilogy. Not sure if this shot will come out (it is the still cover for a video promoting the movie, and the best shot I've seen of the watch so far).

ETA: Better image

So, what Breitling's have you seen in what movies?
    Last edited by T Bone; Jun 19, 2015 at 04:05 AM.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Well, I'll take another.... an easy one! James Bond shows a Navitimer he'd taken off her brothers' betrayed double to Domino in Thunderball. And of course he wore a Breitling Top Time (modified for the film, and in fiction contained a Geiger counter). Just saw a note that this watch sold at auction 2 years ago for over $160,000!

The Navitimer (806) would in reality have been destroyed as Bond removed it from her brother on the sea floor off the double who was in the cockpit of a Vulcain bomber.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Well, I'll take another.... an easy one! James Bond shows a Navitimer he'd taken off her brothers' betrayed double to Domino in Thunderball. And of course he wore a Breitling Top Time (modified for the film, and in fiction contained a Geiger counter). Just saw a note that this watch sold at auction 2 years ago for over $160,000!

The Navitimer (806) would in reality have been destroyed as Bond removed it from her brother on the sea floor off the double who was in the cockpit of a Vulcan bomber.
    You've either just been researching it all, or you've got a crazy memory for detail.

I can only just remember the watch being given back to the woman ....on the beach? .... then didn't someone try and kill Bond behind him ?

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    You've either just been researching it all, or you've got a crazy memory for detail.

I can only just remember the watch being given back to the woman ....on the beach? .... then didn't someone try and kill Bond behind him ?
    Been aware of that one for some time. Learned it years ago. Interesting to note (just learned this) Thunderball was the only Bond film in which Connery did not wear a Submariner.

Yeah, someone tried to kill Bond on the beach I think. IIRC, this was just after the two of them had been "playing around" in the water- on scuba- something I've always wondered about....
    Regards, T Bone

Why nobody tried to take Bond out with an exploding bedpost or boobytrapped cocktail olive is beyond me..

6. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Okay, how about another? An oldie but a goody... Broken Arrow, John Travolta (an avowed Breitling fan in the real world also) wears a two tone Aerospace. Good movie. Cool watch!

Regards, T Bone

Blog Entries
    I saw an Emergency 2 days ago and I can't remember what movie it was for the life of me. This is going to drive me nuts until I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    I saw an Emergency 2 days ago and I can't remember what movie it was for the life of me. This is going to drive me nuts until I remember.
    Did you recently watch "Taken 3"?
    Regards, T Bone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Okay, how about another? An oldie but a goody... Broken Arrow, John Travolta (an avowed Breitling fan in the real world also) wears a two tone Aerospace. Good movie. Cool watch!

Two-tone. That way you know he's either evil or about to try to sell you a dodgy used car!