Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello Mr. Oates

Blog Entries

Hello Mr. Oates

He arrived yesterday courtesy of a local animal shelter where he ended up through no fault of his own - marriage breakup and collateral damage. He's orange and white with copper eyes.
    He's a bit freaked out with the whole house to explore but he's quite a cuddle bug so he'll make out OK in the long run.
    A little younger than I would have wanted, but otherwise checked most of the boxes for us. He's friendly and likes kids so the grandchildren won't scare him when they come. Affectionate and playful.
    His name was Oats but we added an "e" so he's now either a blue eyed soul singer or the star of a Sam Peckinpah movie.
    He's working hard on my wife as she always has to be convinced to get another cat after the death of an old one. As for me - he had me at "meow."

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

Quote Originally Posted by RayMac View Post

He arrived yesterday courtesy of a local animal shelter where he ended up through no fault of his own - marriage breakup and collateral damage. He's orange and white with copper eyes.
    He's a bit freaked out with the whole house to explore but he's quite a cuddle bug so he'll make out OK in the long run.
    A little younger than I would have wanted, but otherwise checked most of the boxes for us. He's friendly and likes kids so the grandchildren won't scare him when they come. Affectionate and playful.
    His name was Oats but we added an "e" so he's now either a blue eyed soul singer or the star of a Sam Peckinpah movie.
    He's working hard on my wife as she always has to be convinced to get another cat after the death of an old one. As for me - he had me at "meow."
    looking good glad you have some warmth back in your smile and hello Mr. Oates
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Blog Entries
    Now that's a cute cat. Let the memes begin!

4. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Freaking lovely , good choice in all directions

He's sorta saying "Is this how it's gonna be?, pictures first , meal after?, yeah the other owners used to do that ........before they started shouing at each other .......ok so be it, this is my relaxed pose "

Quote Originally Posted by RayMac View Post
    He's orange ...
    ... and by 'orange' you mean ginger

I'm not much of a cat lover (runs for cover); but he's a good looking fellow
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

7. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Cute Kitty Ray, good for both you and him on adopting the little guy. Animals in one's life are a great blessing!
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Looking good Mr Oates

Looks like a keeper.
    I see he's already commandeered the middle of the bed.

Very cute, and a great new name.

Welcome, Mr Oates!
    His expression is totally this
    Name:  357796.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  168.0 KB

And ot, but it made me laugh:

Name:  images-3.jpeg
Views: 118
Size:  8.2 KB

13. Likes Seriously liked this post