Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking up with Apple watch: NY Times article

Breaking up with Apple watch: NY Times article

For your delight:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/11/fa...atch.html?_r=1

'First everyone wanted to know about it. Then they wanted to try it. Then they made certain assumptions about me.
    Which, frankly, I would have made about any woman like myself walking around with a big black box on her arm.'

2. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Boom!

Actually, when I saw the first bit of the thread title I thought it was going to be about your BIL, so bit disappointed.

4. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    The thing I've noticed is that it takes new owners a couple of weeks to evaluate its functionality. That's OK for a smart phone but the appeal and usefulness of a watch should be more immediate than that.

6. Likes JAGtime, OhDark30, popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Boom!

Actually, when I saw the first bit of the thread title I thought it was going to be about your BIL, so bit disappointed.
    Nah, he's still besotted, bless him

Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    Nah, he's still besotted, bless him
    #cultofapple

Saw this comming b4 it's release

Sent from my Galaxy S6 edge using Tapatalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

10. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    I had read this article and posted it on Samantor's Apple Watch thread a bit ago. I thought the article was entertaining and had some good insights. However, if you go to the comments that were posted at the end of the article, there were many who were quite offended by her analysis!

12. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    Oo, sorry Jane - I didn't see it there!
    Found a link among weekend articles I read.
    And yes, rabid Mac fans do seem to take any view other than veneration as a personal slight

14. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    And yes, rabid Mac fans do seem to take any view other than veneration as a personal slight
    I suspect a fair bit of that is the old "I've just spent £300 on something, how dare you malign it" syndrome.

16. Likes JAGtime, popoki nui liked this post
    No problem, Kath. You already have more comments about this article on this thread anyway!

18. Likes OhDark30 liked this post