Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magnetized?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Yes, the Nomos. I don't have a compass to check with. I was thinking of asking my local watch shop to run the demagnetizer over it on the basis it would do no harm.

If the mainspring is not fully unwinding is there any other remedies?
    Probably warranty service.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Yes, the Nomos. I don't have a compass to check with. I was thinking of asking my local watch shop to run the demagnetizer over it on the basis it would do no harm.

If the mainspring is not fully unwinding is there any other remedies?
    a good cleaning possible could be jammed up ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Bugger,if it has to go back that is tricky from here. Fedex I suppose and plenty of bubble wrap. Looks like I need to talk to Nomos. And Customs so they don't charge me import duty on the way back.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Check it's fully wound first. Twist it pretty hard - you'd have to be pretty strong to break the mainspring.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

I'm afraid there's nothing you can do, except send the watch back to the manufacturer. I sincerely doubt that the low PR is the result of magnetism.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Check it's fully wound first. Twist it pretty hard - you'd have to be pretty strong to break the mainspring.
    Sorry, Geoff, but I can't agree with you; if considerable force is necessary to get a full charge, the watch is not working properly and should not be used... at all!

7. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Sorry, Geoff, but I can't agree with you; if considerable force is necessary to get a full charge, the watch is not working properly and should not be used... at all!
    I'm just checking that he has wound it fully. When I first bought my tag I thought the pushers were stuck and broken but they just needed a harder push. Once it's fully wound it won't wind further.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

9. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I'm just checking that he has wound it fully. When I first bought my tag I thought the pushers were stuck and broken but they just needed a harder push. Once it's fully wound it won't wind further.
    I just wanted to avoid possible further damage, not to the mainspring, but to other parts of the movement. But yes, I see what you mean.

Mark , you haven't confirmed how you are winding it .... do you wind it to a pretty positive&final stop? ... or are you just nannying the feck out of and stopping 1/2 way ?

Sounds like it needs a trip back to Nomos for some repair.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx