Likes Likes:  41
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incoming + SOTC

Incoming + SOTC

I was out for breakfast with Imitation of Life this morning, and happened to be near a local brick and mortar jewelry shop. After breakfast and some great coffee we walked to the shop, bargained a watch down 20 bucks, and here I am with my second new piece in two days.

After getting it home and cleaning it up a bit I found it to be in really good shape. The strap is nice and extremely comfortable. The watch is also extremely thin, which is no surprise because of its quartz movement.

Here are some close ups, wrist shots and lume.

The back in engraved with "#4." I used it as a bargaining point

STATE OF THE COLLECTION

So, I think I have enough watches worth posting my STOC. Here they are in order by acquisition.

First up is my father's uncle's Acqua. It is probably a rebadged Timex and it was gifted to me a few years ago when I was back in high school.

Next up is my Tissot PR100 gifted from my girlfriend. Its also a quartz movement. Love this one.

The Orient is my only mechanical. It was my first impulse buy and I suffered from it. It was horribly uncomfortable until I put a new strap on it. Now I can truly say I'm really satisfied with this watch.

Next is the Timex Imitation of Life gave to me yesterday. I immediately put a strap on it and love it. #Quartz4life, haters ;p

Last is this Tissot PR50. It's my second impulse buy and definitely not the mistake my orient was. It fits great, thin and not a big watch at all. Just what I like.

The direction I'd like to take my collection would be more towards manual-wind movements. The Ball train master officer is on the list along with a few others, but who knows. I have a satisfying rotation for the time being, so I'm going to enjoy it. Hope you enjoyed the photos! Thanks for looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillyR___; Jun 26, 2015 at 04:54 PM.
    B.-

Very enjoyable! Thanks for the look, Billy. Great little collection you have going there.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

3. Likes BillyR___ liked this post
    That Tissot is great, a classic everyday wearer

5. Likes BillyR___, JAGtime liked this post
    Great past couple of days, man! The coffee smiley seemed fitting.

7. Likes BillyR___, JAGtime, hayday liked this post
    That Tissot is a classy piece.

Nice and balanced collection.
    Last edited by CFR; Jun 26, 2015 at 11:31 PM.

9. Likes BillyR___ liked this post
    Better show everyone the new strap you got for it, too.

11. Likes BillyR___ liked this post
    Ooohhh... I like that white dial quartz tissot!

thanks for sharing... and bill, you forgot to say " Hi Every body... i'm Billy and i'm a watchaholic..."

welcome to the addiction buddy!

13. Likes BillyR___ liked this post
    New watch...Doughnut...Hopefully IoL had his Snowflake on.....A great day all round

15. Likes Imitation of Life liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    Ooohhh... I like that white dial quartz tissot!

thanks for sharing... and bill, you forgot to say " Hi Every body... i'm Billy and i'm a watchaholic..."

welcome to the addiction buddy!
    I was going to until I realized this wasn't an anonymous community. I assumed it was obvious after that. Hehe. Glad you like the tissot.

B.-

17. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    That Tissot is a classy piece.

Nice and balanced collection.
    Thanks, CFR. That means a lot coming from you!

B.-