Likes Likes:  747
Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Distraction Thread

Blog Entries

Corona Distraction Thread

What are you doing to keep yourself amused as you await the end of the world as we know it? I’m arguing politics on FB (which for obvious reasons I won’t get into here) and spending money. I picked up an original work by Elgato Gomez, as well as a couple of pairs of boots.

Here’s my new painting, which should arrive via USPS later this week, assuming the planet is still turning:

Name:  686522C7-37F4-4C2E-BF1A-B79250BDEACA.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  36.1 KB

I’ll post the boots in the shoe thread.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

well going to strip ( theirs many possible options to finish that sentence) but boringly it's a few tat lot movement from Belgium I order before it got real...

so going to get up in a few hours if I get any sleep sort the parents breakfast and start to prep lunch ..then as I say do the tat lot as guess it will be the last one I buy or sell for some time
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

3. Likes Spooky, rodia77, synequano liked this post
    oh and love the pic love her fantasy futuristic styling remember liking the jetson's looking pic dam spelling

Last edited by is that my watch; Mar 15, 2020 at 02:49 AM.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    Here’s my new painting, which should arrive via USPS later this week, assuming the planet is still turning:

Jeannie

Great painting.

-- Wayne

The bride and I are "social distancing" as we both have elderly parents well into their 80's and we feel it's our responsibility to lower the curve, and, not risk infecting our family via going out to dinner or hitting a bar like we usually do.

I'm appalled by those wantonly "heading out" in high risk areas, one of which we live in, it is not socially responsible IMO.

My wife thought me crazy (what else is new) when we stocked up three weeks ago with our "survival kit" groceries and paper goods, but who's laughing now? 43 rolls of toilet paper, case of sani wipes, 3 cases of mac n' cheese, tuna galore, dried fruit, nuts, oatmeal, frozen pockets, trail mix, cereal and Parmalat milk; we are ready to kick Covid 19's ass.

As a result of the down time, I have ordered two watches and three straps as well as a bunch of clothes from Nordstrom Rack and Haute Look. I may be broke and very lonely by the end of all this.
    Last edited by wschofield3; Mar 15, 2020 at 03:42 AM.

Wow Jeannie, nice painting! I love mid century (see my quick repair thread). Astro, googie whatever they call it. It was "what's new" when I was a kid, and I still love it.
    My mom loved colonial/early American so of course we always had a houseful of dust collecting antiques. I still can't stand that stuff.

8. Likes Jeannie liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    oh and love the pic love her fantasy futuristic styling remember liking the jetson's looking pic dam spelling

Are you familiar with her work? I actually know her personally. She is married to one of my younger brother’s best friends from high school. We’ve known them forever.

Jeannie

. . . . . . . . . .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post

My wife thought me crazy (what else is new) when we stocked up three weeks ago with our "survival kit" groceries and paper goods, but who's laughing now? 43 rolls of toilet paper, case of sani wipes, 3 cases of mac n' cheese, tuna galore, dried fruit, nuts, oatmeal, frozen pockets, trail mix, cereal and Parmalat milk; we are ready to kick Covid 19's ass.

As a result of the down time, I have ordered two watches and three straps as well as a bunch of clothes from Nordstrom Rack and Haute Look. I may be broke and very lonely by the end of all this.
    We pretty much stay ready for an emergency since hurricanes are a threat every year.

And like you I find that a credit card, an internet connection, and some free time can be an expensive combination.

Jeannie

. . . . . . . . . .

11. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    Are you familiar with her work? I actually know her personally. She is married to one of my younger brother’s best friends from high school. We’ve known them forever.

Jeannie
    am afraid not really saw some of her art as I was looking at trying my hand at watch dials a good while back found the designs simple yet extreme creative at the same time is it true some are modelled on her say the mermaid and is it atomic blonde looks like self portraits ?

but I went with a simpler van gogh starry night to start with it was not to bad when you think it's only 40mm across but I sorted ruin it by doing to much outlining at the end so will have practice more this was pre out lining

plus as you see wrong brushed and probably wrong paint too

can she do miniatures be amazing if she could do some watch dials
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

13. Likes synequano, Pip liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, Jeannie - I think many of us need this thread as FB has become depressing and toxic. My wife and I are slightly hermit-like by nature, and since I have my studio here at home it is rather easy to leave the house only for errands. We have a nice little market in walking distance, and a trail to walk that doesn't risk close contact. We are living in an area that has the third highest COVID19 infection rate in the country ("Silicon Valley" ) so we are not taking it lightly. Our gym has stopped the special class my wife was going to (for Parkinson's) and I am not sure I need to expose myself to a public setting in a gym if she isn't going... so I am just trying to get work done in the studio and with new artwork (painting.) I worked on several acrylics today, and finished some ink work like these a few days ago.

Name:  88241878_10156570451552202_6972413405399351296_o.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  56.8 KB

Name:  89236800_10156570451992202_1527954402466332672_o.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  52.0 KB

Name:  87207567_10156570452642202_7648271967358812160_o.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  62.3 KB
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.