Likes Likes:  747
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Distraction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Why are the media going to town on this.

With plenty of reason, actually - but this is the distraction thread.

2. Likes Jeannie, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    With plenty of reason, actually - but this is the distraction thread.
    Something like , Batman , or Spiderman ..... not grim reaper dude ... noooo

I have felt that I have little left to learn doing the urban architectural paintings as well as the watch movement paintings. I have reached that point where the level of my skills restricts my ability to learn ebough to keep my interest. I am using this time to do a bit of experimentation. The current works are likely not a new direction for me. They are a way to break from the past.

I've used an extremely short pallet many times in the past, but I always find it freeing. A painting without a single man made object on the other hand, is something I haven't done in maybe ever.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

5. Likes skywatch, boatme99 liked this post
    Last week, my wife had no choice, but to travel to her mother's, some 300km away from where we live - a trip not related to the current pandemics, though. I couldn't just leave and join her, so I had to stay and wait. I'm all alone, in Lisbon, stuck at home, as prepared (?) as anyone can reasonably be.

The last couple of days brought an exponential increase in the number of infections, but that was to be expected. Some restrictions were imposed, but the state of emergency was not declared, at least not yet.

I'm surrounded by my books and records; TV and internet are working perfectly; the phone is always ready for chatting with friends, as usual.

We'll be fine.
    Last edited by CFR; Mar 15, 2020 at 07:11 PM.

Naturally, we’ll be very interested to see these new Krinkle pictures.

8. Likes Jeannie, Henry Krinkle, synequano liked this post
    I was supposed to leave for Aruba this week, so a lot of crying for my now dead trip. Following numerous watch auctions. Bid on several. Changing a lot of watch straps. Reading books.
    I did order a GMT Master II clock. Trying not to spend money online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Instagram: @ryanwearswatches

10. Likes Jeannie, synequano, wschofield3, OhDark30 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Naturally, we’ll be very interested to see these new Krinkle pictures.
    Well, for starters, here is my pallet;

Name:  s-Paynes-Grey.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  24.8 KB

Payne's Grey

Name:  pd_scan_1521546801__37430.1547559011.1280.1280.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  14.7 KB

Titan green pale.

I am also allowing myself to apply titanium white judiciously. The great thing about both of these colours is that they are uniquely transparent. No matter how much white one adds their hues remain true and pure .It allows one to do a monochrome painting in a colour range not restricted to black and white.

The paintings: I am enjoying them because I really have no skills or experience doing them.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

12. Likes skywatch, boatme99 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Last week, my wife had no choice, but to travel to her mother's, some 300km away from where we live - a trip not related to the current pandemics, though. I couldn't just leave and join her, so I had to stay and wait. I'm all alone, in Lisbon, stuck at home, as prepared (?) as anyone can reasonably be.

The last couple of days brought an exponential increase in the number of infections, but that was to be expected. Some restrictions were imposed, but the state of emergency was not declared, at least not yet.

I'm surrounded by my books and records; TV and internet are working perfectly; the phone is always ready for chatting with friends, as usual.

We'll be fine.

yes have always fantasise about a stone built cottage maybe two rooms maybe just one in the highland of scotland or devon or maybe wales miles from any one log fires for warmth a cold lock to bath in or a tin bath in front of a fire a stock pile of tin food I would quad bike to the nearest town once every month or so for supplies. and just chill looking out over the lock maybe try a bit of painting or repurposing things washed up on the beach to make a bit of seed money and doing a lot or reading maybe even a bit of writing or photgraphy bliss
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

14. Likes gnuyork, CFR liked this post
    My distractions for today consisted of:

Bacon rolls & coffee for me. Wife has porridge and kids have cereals.
    Making and fixing a frame around the old fireplace in my daughter's room, in preparation to 'box it off'.
    Fixing a TV bracket to daughter's bedroom wall and fitting TV, extending and re-routing the power cables for the TV, XBOX, DVD player, & 'Switch'. Re-threading and reconnecting HDMI cables (I knew there was a reason why I only bought 3 metre ones. ).
    Cooking belly pork for tea. Our favourite; kids can't get enough of it, lately.
    Bathing kids; though they pretty much take care of themselves now once in, for my own peace of mind I'm on 'lifeguard' duty. Dry their hair when out, then I get to relax for about a couple of hours before bedtime.
    ... and that takes care of another weekend.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Reading and posting about watches online counts as a distraction, right?

And coffee, lots of coffee...

My family is ready to be holed up for 3 weeks, no problem. We live in earthquake country, so we tend to have 1-2 weeks' worth of supplies at all times so we just stocked up a tad. 80% of my work can be done from home, so not much of a problem there.
    Omega Aqua Terra 8500 | Sinn 356 Klassik | Sinn 856S UTC | Sinn 1746 Klassik | Sinn 6096 Finanzplatzuhren
    Instagram: @_radharc_