Likes Likes:  747
Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Distraction Thread

Just finished season 5 of Friends and I noticed that in the first 3-4 seasons watches were quite prominent (but not in a pushy kind of way whatsoever) on the characters' wrists, at least to someone who pays attention. Curious to see if it continues further or if years 2000-2004 show a visible decline in that on account of the rising digital era.

2. Likes OhDark30, happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    ^^ Interesting!
    Can we expect a writeup of your findings by the end of lockdown?

Also, any surprises, or are they what you’d expect the characters to wear?
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

4. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Thanks! Not sure if there will be any findings for a write-up except a concluding 'yes, it continued through the last season of 2004' or 'nope, they stopped wearing watches'. Or should I focus on the 'by the end of lockdown' part of your question?

I haven't tried to identify them, I've just been noticing some basic characteristics (polished chrono, white dial, black dial, size etc), and yes, the watches are pretty much what you'd expect of the characters. Several days ago I watched some behind the scenes with a prop lady where she said everything the actors handled was going through her hands, so I assumed the same for costumes and watches they wore on the set.

6. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Just watched the International Space Station pass over.
    ... and again tonight, for the third night running; except tonight it was clearer and it passed directly overhead.
    It messes with my head a bit, with it being 250 miles up and going at around 17,000 mph... ... that's like nipping over to Florida in 15 minutes.
    I now have a bit of a crick in my neck.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

8. Likes skywatch, OhDark30 liked this post

10. Likes hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    Thanks! Not sure if there will be any findings for a write-up except a concluding 'yes, it continued through the last season of 2004' or 'nope, they stopped wearing watches'. Or should I focus on the 'by the end of lockdown' part of your question?

I haven't tried to identify them, I've just been noticing some basic characteristics (polished chrono, white dial, black dial, size etc), and yes, the watches are pretty much what you'd expect of the characters. Several days ago I watched some behind the scenes with a prop lady where she said everything the actors handled was going through her hands, so I assumed the same for costumes and watches they wore on the set.
    There is the episode where Ross' ex-wife is having a baby and Ross and the mom's partner are timing the contractions and battling it out for accuracy. "Quartz, ha!" "Swiss quartz, ha ha!"
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

12. Likes rodia77, OhDark30 liked this post
    Not very thrilling, I know; but this is an eight second exposure of the ISS passing over again tonight:

Name:  ISS260520.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  53.7 KB
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Speaking of space, am I the only one who thinks that these new space suits look like bad costumes from a cheap science fiction movie??

15. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Speaking of space, am I the only one who thinks that these new space suits look like bad costumes from a cheap science fiction movie??

With the bloke on the right looking like Gene Hackman...

17. Likes hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    With the bloke on the right looking like Gene Hackman...
    I know, right?