Likes Likes:  116
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Useful coronavirus info

Sorry to hear about your sister's health issues, Robert. It's good that the prognosis is hopeful, though. Wishing you for the best.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    Terrible worse as you can't be near her , my thought are with you

Thank you! Luckily she has loving and supportive (grown) children, and even some grandchildren near her... but indeed, she will probably have to be isolated for a while. It also makes me wonder if her husband has a hidden case... and his 87 year old mother lives with them too... yikes.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    My sister had a stroke yesterday, and they rushed her to the best nearby hospital (at Harvard MA) and guess what? She tested positive for COVID19 (asymptomatic).

Oh...

So sorry, Robert.

4. Likes skywatch liked this post
    My sister had a stroke yesterday, and they rushed her to the best nearby hospital (at Harvard MA) and guess what? She tested positive for COVID19 (asymptomatic). This is yet another instance of someone getting a stroke in the presence of the virus. Although the evidence is still complicated as to the way SARS-CoV2 messes with the blood, I think it's likely that it caused her stroke, as she had no history of heart disease. I am waiting to hear news from my brother-in-law, but it seems she'll recover and will be starting speech and movement therapy to get some function back on her right side, but she also has to be in quarantine. You can imagine my mood today. Alas, I am 5000 km away, so there isn't much I can do.
    Sorry to hear this, Robert, may she have a speedy and complete recovery.

6. Likes skywatch liked this post
    My sister had a stroke yesterday, and they rushed her to the best nearby hospital (at Harvard MA) and guess what? She tested positive for COVID19 (asymptomatic). This is yet another instance of someone getting a stroke in the presence of the virus. Although the evidence is still complicated as to the way SARS-CoV2 messes with the blood, I think it's likely that it caused her stroke, as she had no history of heart disease. I am waiting to hear news from my brother-in-law, but it seems she'll recover and will be starting speech and movement therapy to get some function back on her right side, but she also has to be in quarantine. You can imagine my mood today. Alas, I am 5000 km away, so there isn't much I can do.
    That's just terrible. I hope she makes a full recovery. This virus is just the worst.

Sorry to hear about your sister, Robert

Yes, the virus is a horrible combination of catchy and destructive to the body

Best wishes to her, and hinking of you and your family, and the frustrations of dealing with this under movement restrictions
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

9. Likes skywatch liked this post
    So sorry, Robert.

We're dealing with a very insidious and treacherous 'thing'.

11. Likes skywatch liked this post
    I'm so sorry to hear this, Robert. My thoughts are with you, and your sister. It has to be awful to not be able to visit, but staying safe yourself is the only good option.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Oh...
    So sorry, Robert.
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    Sorry to hear this, Robert, may she have a speedy and complete recovery.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    That's just terrible. I hope she makes a full recovery. This virus is just the worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your sister, Robert
    Yes, the virus is a horrible combination of catchy and destructive to the body
    Best wishes to her, and hinking of you and your family, and the frustrations of dealing with this under movement restrictions
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    So sorry, Robert.
    We're dealing with a very insidious and treacherous 'thing'.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear this, Robert. My thoughts are with you, and your sister. It has to be awful to not be able to visit, but staying safe yourself is the only good option.
    Thank you for your warm wishes. Currently, in fact, even her husband can't go see her. They are communicating by text. He tells me her gait is improving, and her language skills are recovered enough to use text, so she might make it through without critical damage, it seems. Although I am speculating, I do think the stroke was caused by CoV2.

Despite the palpable fear and worry, I admit I am also intrigued and fascinated from a scientific perspective, by how this new virus works. For some people, it's like pneumonia; for other people, it's like anaemia or oxygen deprivation within the hemoglobin itself; or blood clots, or strokes, or a bad cold, or no symptoms at all. We still don't know if antibodies confer immunity - like smallpox; or if it can linger and resurface - like chicken pox/shingles; or if tiny mutations in the virus make us get it over and over again - like the flu.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

14. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    Thank you for your warm wishes. Currently, in fact, even her husband can't go see her. They are communicating by text. He tells me her gait is improving, and her language skills are recovered enough to use text, so she might make it through without critical damage, it seems. Although I am speculating, I do think the stroke was caused by CoV2.

Despite the palpable fear and worry, I admit I am also intrigued and fascinated from a scientific perspective, by how this new virus works. For some people, it's like pneumonia; for other people, it's like anaemia or oxygen deprivation within the hemoglobin itself; or blood clots, or strokes, or a bad cold, or no symptoms at all. We still don't know if antibodies confer immunity - like smallpox; or if it can linger and resurface - like chicken pox/shingles; or if tiny mutations in the virus make us get it over and over again - like the flu.
    Sorry to hear about your sister's stroke, but pleased she's starting to show signs of recovering. All the best.

My sister works in a care home , all get tested twice a day temp. and oxygen level. A few weeks ago she felt tied , aches , lost taste. No high temp. , oxygen fine. Went for a test , positive , her hub. negative. Now ok , and they now get tested often , all negative.
    Agree it seems odd how some are afected very severe yet most don't even know.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53320155

16. Likes skywatch liked this post