Likes Likes:  308
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Sunday - 22 March 2020 »»»»»»»»»

Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    While I thorougly enjoyed what I was given after my surgery, I made sure to get off of the heavy duty pain meds as quickly as I could. It was a fun couple of trippy days but I wouldn't want to do that forever. If you can control the pain with Tylenol then that is the way to go. You'll want to avoid alcohol if you're using Tylenol as they both work on the liver. Happy healing.
    I'm the opposite--I hated that fuzzy feeling from the pain meds after my ACL replacement. I got yelled at repeatedly by the PT folks, basically saying that for the first few weeks they couldn't do what they needed to do unless I took them before sessions. So I took them only before PT, for the first few weeks, then switched to ibuprofen. I'd make a terrible addict...

2. Likes Pip, Samanator, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Regards Phil
    Moderator German Watches & Dive Watches

4. Likes gnuyork, CFR, Greg, Pip, hayday, watchdaddy1, stew77 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I'm the opposite--I hated that fuzzy feeling from the pain meds after my ACL replacement. I got yelled at repeatedly by the PT folks, basically saying that for the first few weeks they couldn't do what they needed to do unless I took them before sessions. So I took them only before PT, for the first few weeks, then switched to ibuprofen. I'd make a terrible addict...
    I had the same problem after my hand surgeries. I would not be good candidate for opioids addiction - the oxycodone just made me feel sick and sleepy, and it didn't stop the phantom nerve pain. Then, after a subsequent week in the hospital with a post-op infection they had me on a voluntary morphine IV drip and I pushed it only when I desperately needed it. Even after that, I couldn't poop for 4 days.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

6. Likes Pip liked this post
    Life must move on still ...1500 sq ft today

Name:  20200321_123216.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  55.6 KB

I Love you all.

I hope your ALL doing well as can be thru this stuff. Please stay safe & healthy

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by watchdaddy1; Mar 22, 2020 at 10:34 PM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

8. Likes CFR, Greg, skywatch, gnuyork, stew77, OhDark30, hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    Hope everyone is doing well. I ditched the pain meds on Friday, doing well in recovery so far.

I'm still enjoying the new arrival, great fit and love the blued hands and markers.

-- Wayne
    Everything ok Wayne ?

People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    Life must move on still

Name:  20200321_123216.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  55.6 KB

I Love you all.

I hope your ALL doing well as can be thru this stuff. Please stay safe & healthy

Right back at you, William.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by WWII70 View Post
    Wore this yesterday and starting today with it. Mako

First, this for a hike and a soak in the hot tub

and now this

Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

Quote Originally Posted by WWII70 View Post

I know I've said it a time or two before... but damn that's a nice looking watch.

14. Likes watchdaddy1, hayday liked this post
    I have a Timex "smart" watch arriving in a couple days. Don't worry - it's destined for the "other" wrist (like a fitness band). Until then I'm giving the "40mm" Speedmaster Racing some wrist time. Too many air quotes in this post.

Name:  Omega_Speedmaster_Racing_40mm.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  69.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    I had the same problem after my hand surgeries. I would not be good candidate for opioids addiction - the oxycodone just made me feel sick and sleepy, and it didn't stop the phantom nerve pain. Then, after a subsequent week in the hospital with a post-op infection they had me on a voluntary morphine IV drip and I pushed it only when I desperately needed it. Even after that, I couldn't poop for 4 days.

I wasted a couple of days with Vicodin; it was useless and just made me sweaty. Dilaudid, on the other hand, made the world, and the furniture, a friendlier place. Like I said, I enjoyed it for a couple of days but I was NOT going to get addicted so I nixed the opioids pretty quickly. And yeah, the constipation was dreadful!
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.