Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
I'm the opposite--I hated that fuzzy feeling from the pain meds after my ACL replacement. I got yelled at repeatedly by the PT folks, basically saying that for the first few weeks they couldn't do what they needed to do unless I took them before sessions. So I took them only before PT, for the first few weeks, then switched to ibuprofen. I'd make a terrible addict...

It's necessary directly following surgery, I did stay ahead of the pain initially, but quickly started tapering once I realized the pain wouldn't inhibit normal activities/sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
I had the same problem after my hand surgeries. I would not be good candidate for opioids addiction - the oxycodone just made me feel sick and sleepy, and it didn't stop the phantom nerve pain. Then, after a subsequent week in the hospital with a post-op infection they had me on a voluntary morphine IV drip and I pushed it only when I desperately needed it. Even after that, I couldn't poop for 4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
I wasted a couple of days with Vicodin; it was useless and just made me sweaty. Dilaudid, on the other hand, made the world, and the furniture, a friendlier place. Like I said, I enjoyed it for a couple of days but I was NOT going to get addicted so I nixed the opioids pretty quickly. And yeah, the constipation was dreadful!

I hang out with a bunch of surgeons and anesthesiologists, they gave me the info about that and I took pills starting a few days before surgery to avoid the issue. They said lots of doctors do not warn patients about those side effects from narcotics.

Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
Everything ok Wayne ?

All good, William. I had to get some hardware installed in my neck to get me back to being Superman I picked the perfect time to stay at home and rehab.

Hope you guys are staying safe out there.