Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Thursday - 26 March 2020 »»»»»»»»»

Hybrid View

««««««««« WRUW - Thursday - 26 March 2020 »»»»»»»»»

Good day, IWL

Name:  B478246.JPG
Views: 193
Size:  409.0 KB

Blog Entries
    Stowa Seatime LE #10 from the WUS dive watch forum special purchase in 2010 (red bezel, red seconds, sapphire caseback, 30atm WR) - my biggest watch in terms of visual appearance, not in physical size. Most people would find 42mm diameter to be average, but this one has a presence. Small watch lover as I am, this is among my favorite dial designs out there.

Too many watches, not enough wrists.

6Name:  20200326_075249.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  74.6 KB
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

Starting my day with this

Stay safe everyone!!
    Preston

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Starting my day with this

Stay safe everyone!!
    Preston

Preston!!! Where you been, man?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes pacifico66, CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Preston!!! Where you been, man?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life did its thing, marriage, murder and a health crash.

A high profile friend of mine was brutally murdered, I found his body and became first a suspect and then a witness so the stress of what I witnessed and then the media (book writers, jounalists and film makers) wanting to get at me I had to go low profile for some time. The nature of his death was so awful I ended up being diagnosed with PTSD. The killer got away with it because of the police bungling up the crime scene and poor investigation got him freed. The documentary just finished airing. This turned out to be a bit of a legal battle for me as I didn't want to be involved or included in its filming so that was a bit stressful but I prevailed. If you're curious look up CBC Docs the Oland Murder.

I was blessed with meeting a magnificent woman and we eventually got married so we spend lots of time with each other, she is so wonderful, I'm very lucky

Bought a home so lots of renovations, hot tub and pool installation, audio space created in the barn so my favorite hobby of music listening takes up a lot of my spare time and hobby $$.

My health crashed hard, lost both my important doctors to retirements (family and rheumatologist), the arthritis took a bad turn and put me in bed for awhile until a medication regimen was found, that took about 2 years to sort out, damn arthritis really sucks.

I still have the same passion for watches but it took a back seat for awhile, I still collect and still find those gems from time to time but I'm not as hard core as I used to be and now with Covidiot zombie apocalypse upon us all these hobbies are coming to a grinding halt "except" for one particular piece that I'm looking for that I gotta have!

Lots of other things also distract me, my pets especially my awesome little dog and the drives she and I like to go on in the Green Machine or as some of my friends would call it....the snot rocket.

It's been quite a ride these past few years but it's all settled down now for the most part and the staying inside thing allows some former passions to be reawakened

Sorry about all the blabber but you asked

Stay safe!!
    Preston

9. Likes mlcor, gnuyork liked this post

A high profile friend of mine was brutally murdered, I found his body and became first a suspect and then a witness so the stress of what I witnessed and then the media (book writers, jounalists and film makers) wanting to get at me I had to go low profile for some time. The nature of his death was so awful I ended up being diagnosed with PTSD. The killer got away with it because of the police bungling up the crime scene and poor investigation got him freed. The documentary just finished airing. This turned out to be a bit of a legal battle for me as I didn't want to be involved or included in its filming so that was a bit stressful but I prevailed. If you're curious look up CBC Docs the Oland Murder.

I was blessed with meeting a magnificent woman and we eventually got married so we spend lots of time with each other, she is so wonderful, I'm very lucky

Bought a home so lots of renovations, hot tub and pool installation, audio space created in the barn so my favorite hobby of music listening takes up a lot of my spare time and hobby $$.

My health crashed hard, lost both my important doctors to retirements (family and rheumatologist), the arthritis took a bad turn and put me in bed for awhile until a medication regimen was found, that took about 2 years to sort out, damn arthritis really sucks.

I still have the same passion for watches but it took a back seat for awhile, I still collect and still find those gems from time to time but I'm not as hard core as I used to be and now with Covidiot zombie apocalypse upon us all these hobbies are coming to a grinding halt "except" for one particular piece that I'm looking for that I gotta have!

Lots of other things also distract me, my pets especially my awesome little dog and the drives she and I like to go on in the Green Machine or as some of my friends would call it....the snot rocket.

It's been quite a ride these past few years but it's all settled down now for the most part and the staying inside thing allows some former passions to be reawakened

Stay safe!!
    Preston

Holy mackerel. You could write a book and turn it into a movie. Glad things are stabilizing for you, congrats on the marriage, and you stay safe, too.

11. Likes Preston liked this post

Stay safe!!
    Preston

Nice audio set up? Is that a Lab 100? I'm into the audio thing a bit, not quite to your level, but I have a few vintage tables, Dual 601, Lenco L75, and Empire 398... I thought about getting a Lab 100 at one point, still might if I come across a good deal.