I don't know how many times I've introduced a new segment, column or series on Time+Tide over the last six years. But I'd be prepared to bet that at least half the time, I've opened the post about it with these words: "Sorry, this took a long while to get to you. Good things take time." Good things take time, and also the time for that thing has to be right. Time+Tide has primarily dealt with well-established brands as our daily remit. But little by little —*and with two editions of NOW Magazine under our belt, with both bursting at the seams with smaller brands —*our eyes have been opened to the creativity, the ingenuity and the excitement building in the independent and microbrand space. If there's such a thing as a punk rock attitude in watchmaking, it lives here. And, it turns out, punk music is pretty damned popular. This was proved beyond any doubt with our recent 'Watch & Act!' World Watch Auction in aid of the Australian bushfire crisis. We had microbrands like Baltic, Farer, Bausele, Lebois & Co and our very own Nicholas Hacko pulling winning bids that were two, three, six-and-a-half times their RRP. It…

The post MICRO MONDAYS: Introducing a new weekly series starring the world's best microbrands, kicking off with William Wood Watches! appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...