Likes Likes:  16

Thread: Watchbuys service

Watchbuys service

My Fortis B-42 GMT uses lug bars for the strap/bracelet attachment. A strong method, but there's a risk with thr small screws when swapping bracelet or straps.

On Monday, I was switching to a strap and snapped a screw.

Emailed Watchbuys, within minutes a response. They emailed me a link to order and the new lug bars showed up today.

Wanted to give them a shout out for the great service.

And bonus, Fortis on Iyonk.

-- Wayne

Blog Entries
    That's good service, and a perfect strap for a great looking watch!
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

'We' like efficiency when 'we' want/need stuff.

Also: A candidate for HERE methinks.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

4. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Awesome Wayne!

Awesome response and service from Watchbuys and looks absolutely sweet on the iyonk leather! I've often thought about trying my Fortis B-42 Marinemasters on leather, and this is inspiration to give it a try!

(Strangely enough, my black-dial Marinemaster has never left the ss bracelet and my white-lume dial version has never left the Fortis rubber deployment.)
    Last edited by stew77; Apr 2, 2020 at 03:43 AM.
    Cheers,

Chris

6. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    How do you like the rubber? I think that would be a great combo for this watch. Even an Isofrane in black.

Quote Originally Posted by stew77 View Post
    Awesome Wayne!

Awesome response and service from Watchbuys and looks absolutely sweet on the iyonk leather! I've often thought about trying my Fortis B-42 Marinemasters on leather, and this is inspiration to give it a try!

(Strangely enough, my black-dial Marinemaster has never left the ss bracelet and my white-lume dial version has never left the Fortis rubber deployment.)

Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    How do you like the rubber? I think that would be a great combo for this watch. Even an Isofrane in black.
    I like the rubber combo a lot Wayne. Agree with you that these would be great on an Isofrane too.

Here's mine on the Fortis rubber deployment...just need to make sure you don't cut it too short when sizing. Measure twice, cut once...

Cheers,

Chris

9. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by stew77 View Post
    I like the rubber combo a lot Wayne. Agree with you that these would be great on an Isofrane too.

Here's mine on the Fortis rubber deployment...just need to make sure you don't cut it too short when sizing. Measure twice, cut once...

That looks good.

I test fit a white Isofrane on the B-42 GMT. Fit and feel was great, but the white wasn't my color (the strap came with another watch I bought). I sold it and am keeping an eye out for a black one.

11. Likes stew77 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Great service and a great strap!

But I hate screwbars. I've never had a set that didn't have a problem and yet, I've still never had a springbar failure. Either they get stripped easily or open themselves up from moving around. Always a terrible design.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Great service and a great strap!

But I hate screwbars. I've never had a set that didn't have a problem and yet, I've still never had a springbar failure. Either they get stripped easily or open themselves up from moving around. Always a terrible design.

I've broken my share of spring bars, it's one of the reasons I recommend a single pass strap for rough duty. The watch is retained when one of the spring bars break.

I wouldn't blame this failure on the lug bars. I'm a bit of a gorilla sometimes, I broken it while tightening the screw.