Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on/ experiences with Bremont watches

Thoughts on/ experiences with Bremont watches

Looks aside (cause it's subjective), I am curious to hear what's the view/ experiences with their watches. I know they used only COSC, and "treated" casing.

I am also aware of their recent case about their claim of in-house movement with their Wright Flyer, and this thread is not about this.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like my Bremont, feels very well made, the case looks and feels great. The day and date quick change at about midnight in a precise way when advancing the day/date to set.
    Accuracy is good, probably the second most accurate mechanical watch in our house (2nd to Rolex)
    The internal bezel has a nice mechanical click to it as it moves around.

As there is no display case back I cannot comment on the internal finishing, my only real criticism is the lume is not great.

MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

3. Likes Nutty28 liked this post
    Hands down, Bremont makes some up the best cases around. I tried on a MBII a few years ago and fell in love with the case design. So much that I sold off some of the coolest watches I've ever owned to buy one. Or rather, a U2, which uses the same case but has a more pleasing dial layout compared to the MBII. The only downside to the U2 was the lack of the orange case, but I figured I would tire of a black case than orange, so it was probably a safer choice. Also, the anthracite case tends to wear a bit and looks like a well-worn tool after time.

Other than the lume being a bit weak, the only other downside is the curved spring bars they use. It limits the strap selection somewhat as the knurled case can wear down straps.

I'm not a fan of their endless limited editions and their marketing comes off a bit strong, but the core collection of watches is excellent. The prices on the second hand market are much more realistic than the list price, and some bargains can be had if you are patient.

Last edited by FuzzyB; Jun 27, 2015 at 06:59 PM.

5. Likes Nutty28, Matt liked this post
    I had a Solo and a SuperMarine for a while and really thought both were very well built and well finished.

I too was disappointed with the lume on the SM, but the Solo was a very versatile watch.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

7. Likes Nutty28 liked this post
    Those crowns are a bit special!

9. Likes Nutty28 liked this post
    Thank you all who have responded to my query. They are very well appreciated.

So far, not getting much feedback from various forum, and I can understand as it is not one of the more popular ones out there.

There are definitely a few pieces that caught my attention, and I am zooming into three models at this point. Not sure if I will go ahead ..... With the MSRP quoted, I think I have a couple of options at the price bracket. But those three I have zoom into do stand out, and more importantly, I like them. Let see what the AD is willing to offer. I have a tendency of buying something less common (though not always sticking by it).

If there is anyone else having any experiences / opinions, please feel free to share.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Nutty28 View Post
    So far, not getting much feedback from various forum, and I can understand as it is not one of the more popular ones out there.
    They also only make about 10,000 (last figure I have is way less than 10,000 but that's a couple of years ago) watches a year.

12. Likes Nutty28 liked this post
    Regarding MRSP on the MB2 I think it is $5200 plus any tax depending on where you are , I paid $4400 and no tax for mine. And I am not a hardball negotiator.
    (Tourneau and Topper say $5495)
    Last edited by MarkO; Jun 28, 2015 at 06:54 PM.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

14. Likes Nutty28 liked this post
    First and foremost Bremont has some of the best Customer Service in the industry. I've personally had a watch in and back from warranty service in less that 2 weeks. They have some unique standard line pieces that while not the cheapest are reasonably competitive. They also build what I call relic watches that have some materials and pieces from various historic items that are incorporated into the watches. These tend to be pricier, but still seem to sell out rather quickly. They also do a few mid level LE that price in around the standard line or a bit more depending on the makeup.

On the watches themselves I like the Bremont designs that are different from others. They use a crystal coating process that has more coats than anyone else I've seen which makes them super clear in all lighting situations. All watches are COSC and the movements are nicely finished. Bremont has some cool technology that they work with their partners to bring to the watch market from materials to anti-shock systems. Watch the films on the MB series watches from the site with regards to the ejection seat testing. They support military branches from around the world with several squadron watches that each have something special.

Here are a few I've had:

I have a Topper 75 ANNIVERSARY MB II on order and I'm considering getting the three hand Jaguar watch.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

16. Likes Nutty28, meijlinder liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    First and foremost Bremont has some of the best Customer Service in the industry. I've personally had a watch in and back from warranty service in less that 2 weeks. They have some unique standard line pieces that while not the cheapest are reasonably competitive. They also build what I call relic watches that have some materials and pieces from various historic items that are incorporated into the watches. These tend to be pricier, but still seem to sell out rather quickly. They also do a few mid level LE that price in around the standard line or a bit more depending on the makeup.

On the watches themselves I like the Bremont designs that are different from others. They use a crystal coating process that has more coats than anyone else I've seen which makes them super clear in all lighting situations. All watches are COSC and the movements are nicely finished. Bremont has some cool technology that they work with their partners to bring to the watch market from materials to anti-shock systems. Watch the films on the MB series watches from the site with regards to the ejection seat testing. They support military branches from around the world with several squadron watches that each have something special.

Here are a few I've had:

I have a Topper 75 ANNIVERSARY MB II on order and I'm considering getting the three hand Jaguar watch.
    Thanks for taking the time to share your input. The Classic C is definitely one of the three contenders that I have short listed.

Will see.....I will be dropping by my AD again shortly to take a closer look.