Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omega service

Omega service

securedownload.jpg I gave this watch to my Dad last year. He gave it back to me to get repaired as it sounds like the entire movement knocks side to side when you shake it. I need to find a great place to get it repaired and get it back to Dad. I have a few other Omegas that I may want to get serviced as well. I am in Atlanta Ga. My AD said they ship them to Omega Florida. I have heard of people sending back to Geneva as well. What is best? What is best cost wise? Resale wise? in general? Thanks for your help!!
    Omega Speedmaster Ed White

Omega PO Chrono 45
    Rolex DSSD
    Seiko Pogue gold
    Deep Blue diver
    Zodiac oceanaire
    many Citizen and Seiko from the years.

My mate had his Broad Arrow Chrono serviced by Omega (I don't know of they sent it to Switzerland or not) a few months ago. They quoted "from 450", depending on what needed doing, iirc. It came back with new pushers, new hands, a full polish (which I'm sure you could decline if you're so inclined), I think they replaced some parts of the movement... It looked new when he got it back. They gave him the old parts too. Took a good few months, but the total cost was 450 in the end which I though was okay.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Taking months over servicing a standard product is shocking way of doing business. I don't know how the people in charge of these systems can live with themselves.

But that's the watch industry all over, isn't it? The more you treat the customer like dirt the more they think it's a privilege to have all their money taken.

4. Likes Nokie, popoki nui liked this post
    I'm afraid my experiences with Omega servicing have all been bad:

After 10 years, I figured I really ought to get my SMP serviced . It went out running at +1 / +2 secs per day - came back after 6 weeks (and a couple of hundred ) running at -11 secs per day. Had a full-on argument with the idiot at the AD (who tried to tell me -11 was OK for "these wind-up watches") about what was COSC acceptable. Another 6 weeks and it came back running at -3; although within COSC it annoys the hell out of me
    A classic case of: If it ain't broke.....

My Planet Ocean spent more of it's first year 'in the shop' than it did on my wrist:
    After about 3 months, it began to stop when I took it off at night I could hear something 'knocking' inside. Sent it off under warranty.....
    Came back 2 months later ! The 'knocking' was gone, but it still stopped when I took it off Sent it straight back.....
    Another 2 months went by and I finally got it back; or so I thought.....
    Went out to the car park and swapped watches, and noticed a bit of fluff inside the sapphire - I blew a gasket
    Back it went. "We'll put it in as an urgent job" said the AD lady - Damned right, you will ! 'Urgent' turns out to mean 6 weeks instead of 8.

Will I use Omega AD servicing again ?..... In the words of Jake Blues (when told he had to go see 'The Penguin') - "No..... F...ing... Way !"
    Last edited by crownpuller; Jun 29, 2015 at 01:17 PM.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

6. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Well, both sides of the coin there!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

I guy I was doing jury service with showed me a late 70s Omega chrono. He had had it recently given a complete overhaul and it looked sensational. He printed out the details of the company that did it, I'll try to find them today. He said they weren't cheap but he was very very impressed.

Next day he wore a datejust

10. Likes crownpuller liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Here we go:

Swiss Time Services in Essex

http://www.swisstimeservices.co.uk/servicing.html
    Thanks. Will give them a try if/when needed.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Personally, if it is outside of warranty I'd just find an old chap to crack the back and see if they can screw back in the screw(s) that are meant to hold the movement in place with a dab of loctite. It could be a ten minute job...

Blog Entries
    My brother has had some issues with his PO Chrono, and he's been searching all over for an in-house place to service it, since he doesn't want it sent to Switzerland.