Likes Likes:  42
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A new, affordable pick up to scratch the itch....for a little while anyway.

Hybrid View

A new, affordable pick up to scratch the itch....for a little while anyway.

I've been looking at chronographs to finish off my "perfect 12", better ones, or more expensive to be more accurate, but I have to say, the offerings from Seiko continue to amaze me at what can be had for the outlay. In my quest for the perfect 12 I've managed to get to 11 now, and this will fit nicely between my beater and what I refer to as my "best" in the chronograph category which is yet to arrive in my watch box. I know that my "best" is some peoples "beater" level, but it's at the level of my affordability and comfort zone so my family can still have a reasonably good life.

I was at the Seiko factory store over the weekend, and for sure, even with all of the discounts afforded, I could have picked this up for a few dollars less, but the sales guy was great, it wasn't too much more and I wanted a factory warranty.

Pic borrowed from the web as I haven't taken a good one yet, but man, this watch really ticks a lot of boxes for me save a mechanical movement.

BTW, when Grand Seiko makes a chronograph without the three times too large crown and pushers, I'll be the first in line.

Seiko SSC271

Name:  SE-SSC271_2.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  58.3 KB

Have a great day IWL friends!

That's a handsome looking chrono, looking forward to seeing your pics

3. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    I've been looking at chronographs to finish off my "perfect 12"!
    Perfect what now ?! Name:  simple.gif
Views: 130
Size:  814 Bytes

..... You know that's never gonna work , you're gonna need to buy two more after that in one go, to avoid stepping on unlucky 13 and moving straight on up to 14

5. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Perfect what now ?! Name:  simple.gif
Views: 130
Size:  814 Bytes

..... You know that's never gonna work , you're gonna need to buy two more after that in one go, to avoid stepping on unlucky 13 and moving straight on up to 14
    Nope, I'm keeping it at 12 (aside from vintage, G Shocks and gifted/inherited ones) no matter what comes and goes. I had my time with way too many watches and some didn't see the light of day for years.

7. Likes Seriously, bu11itt, Nutty28, JAGtime liked this post
    aside from
    Gotcha !!

9. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Nope, I'm keeping it at 12 (aside from vintage, G Shocks and gifted/inherited ones) no matter what comes and goes. I had my time with way too many watches and some didn't see the light of day for years.

12 is a good number. I myself am doing the same 10-12 for me also.
    Cheers,

Richard

11. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    12 is a good number. I myself am doing the same 10-12 for me also.

I would find it a real challenge to tick all my boxes with only 12 specimens.
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

13. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Great seiko chrono! hopefully you could give some wrist shot please =)

i've been eyeing the prospex solar with the same movement, but the hyper inflated price in my country make me back off..

15. Likes wschofield3, synequano liked this post
    Nice pick up. Great value for money, and still looks cool.

17. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    That is a handsome piece.

19. Likes wschofield3 liked this post