Likes Likes:  19

Thread: for sherry: Casio's history of wild wrist designs

rolex pic as answer guy mikeylacroix's Avatar

for sherry: Casio's history of wild wrist designs

I love the Verge, a wonderfully eclectic and rarely less than fascinating site. As I posted over in Affordables, a bunch of weird old Casios have randomly turned up on Amazon UK

Retro cool. One one on the left looks almost exactly like my desk calculator.....
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Cool stuff! Pretty high-tech for the time. There are even a few there that I had never seen before. Make one wonder what kind of features watches will have 25 years from now.

Thanks, mikey!

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

5. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Thanks, mikey!
    A really interesting read and look
    Good to see that, contrary to Apple's PR, there are quite a few things they didn't pioneer :-)
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

7. Likes JAGtime, popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    Thanks, mikey!
    A really interesting read and look
    Good to see that, contrary to Apple's PR, there are quite a few things they didn't pioneer :-)
    I'm not sure Apple really pioneer anything, they're just sensible enough to wait until the technology available is sufficiently advanced to match realistic customer expectations rather than launching things early that fall short. Once that point has been reached they gleefully plunder everyone else's ideas and then apply their excellent polish over the top.

9. Likes boatme99, popoki nui liked this post
    2 yeas ago i help my friend resurrect a remote casio that has been dead in the drawer for more than a decade.. i replace the battery and help cleaning and fixing some issue..

it really work! i tried on 2 of my new LCD TV and it still functioning perfectly for on/off, channel change, volume up and down and many more..
    it drive my wife nuts! since she didn;t know why the tv was on/off by it self, changing volume and channels like there's a ghost in the room!
    quite amusing... but i stop before she realize... i dont want to get divorced..

pretty sad to let it go back since it was fun and cool retro =)

Name:  DSCN1662.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  46.1 KB

Name:  DSCN1659.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  45.8 KB

11. Likes JAGtime, boatme99, 93EXCivic, popoki nui liked this post