Likes Likes:  34
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Invicta alternative

Invicta alternative

My friend is looking to buy himself a new watch and likes the look of this Invicta:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/r.html?C...361_em_slvf_ih
    I'm desperately trying to convince him otherwise but am struggling to find an alternative with the same look in that price bracket. I came up with a Seiko 5 but it turned out to be grey import only.
    I am therefore appealing to your greater knowledge to come up with a viable alternative.
    Thanks in advance, Scott.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

well I DO LIKE the invicta BUT that model is hmm how to put this kindly is an acquire taste I suppose on just looks but the spec's are ok can't you talk him in a less hmmm shall we say shiny choice the ones in blue or black dials with ss cases are decent will have one when I see one at the price I want to pay so that not much help really is it
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Does the seller name "Dress to Chill Uk" not put him off? I'd run a mile just for that

4. Likes scottjc, Henry Krinkle, popoki nui liked this post
    Which Seiko 5? SNZH60 should be real nice if it's the same as the regular non-horrible-gold versions. Creation watches or something could fix you up with one no worries.

If he really likes that one at least buying from Amazon he will have a good return policy if there were any QC issues
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

7. Likes Der Amf, is that my watch, scottjc, Nokie liked this post

Shiny and gold and not Invicta

I thought the Invicta divers had a good reputation?

As a matter of interest, in general how quickly do gold plated bracelets look really tatty?

11. Likes boatme99, Donf liked this post

13. Likes scottjc liked this post
    I have also mentioned Orient to him. He wants a gp case and bracelet with a black dial. He also quite clearly like the sub homage style but I got the impression that QC issues with Invicta made them worth avoiding.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches